GDT: Caps @ Wings. 1/31/14. 7:30pm

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
At least Semin should have been traded, instead of just walking to Carolina. I've never been a big fan of trading Green away personally, but I know I am in the minority.

i thought semin for a defensemen should have happened in the 2010 offseason or early in the season 10-11, but i was against trading green as our defense was clearly our weakest link.

although during 2010-2011 season that proved to be wrong as carlson and alzner burst out and ovechkin forgot to hit the gym that summer.

edit: also GMGM trade flash for hannan instead

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
lets see what happens with all this Callahan talk. 1. the caps have had so far no luck in replacing semin's scoring and 30+ goal scorers are pretty hard to find. so, a team that trades that player doesn't replace the lost offense.

2. the off season trade for the defenseman. you are suggesting that when player within a couple years of ufa status has a breakout season, you should trade him? you would really have traded a 40 goal scorer?

Liberati0n*

lets see what happens with all this Callahan talk. 1. the caps have had so far no luck in replacing semin's scoring and 30+ goal scorers are pretty hard to find. so, a team that trades that player doesn't replace the lost offense.

2. the off season trade for the defenseman. you are suggesting that when player within a couple years of ufa status has a breakout season, you should trade him? you would really have traded a 40 goal scorer?

Breakout season? Semin's '08-'09 was way better than his '09-'10.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Callahan is basically what Brooks Laich was before the injury and wants a ridiculous contract. No thanks.

They need to dump Green, Erat, Erskine, McPhee and the entire coaching staff and if they can't trade for one use the cash to buy the best defenseman or C available.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
We could use Callahan's relentless style of play, leadership, and excellent defensive/PK work...if Brouwer and Laich (and obviously Erat) were shipped out. For the contract he'll command, that would be way too much money committed to complementary wingers.

I am coming around to the idea of Vanek. While I'm not sure he'll provide much in the way of a spark in the lockerroom, a defensively responsible legit secondary scorer could make a big difference. I also don't think he gets anywhere near his current cap hit. Something around Iginla's cap hit seems about right.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
We don't need a Callahan, we need an elite scorer or an elite defenseman.

We have an elite scorer. What we need are the supporting players to help round out the roster. We need another Knuble, tough hard nosed who will also drop in 20 goals. We need to make it difficult to completely shut this team down by stopping one man.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
We have an elite scorer. What we need are the supporting players to help round out the roster. We need another Knuble, tough hard nosed who will also drop in 20 goals. We need to make it difficult to completely shut this team down by stopping one man.

He is already on the roster. His name is Joel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad