GDT: Caps @ Wings. 1/31/14. 7:30pm

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Brouwer, Erat, Wellman, Beagle, etc. It's not all that surprising.

We put out a guy who has exactly zero goals in about a season of play, another guy who has made missing gimmes an art form, a 26 year-old rookie (because he scored today, you know, always a predictor of shoutout success), and a 4th line marginal skill guy. Oates is an ass. I mean really, he is an ass.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I was particularly impressed by Brouwer trying to flip the puck into Howards crest for his shootout move

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
We put out a guy who has exactly zero goals in about a season of play, another guy who has made missing gimmes an art form, a 26 year-old rookie (because he scored today, you know, always a predictor of shoutout success), and a 4th line marginal skill guy. Oates is an ass. I mean really, he is an ass.

Your 2014 Caps!

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Anyone off the top of their head know where the Caps would be in the standings if it wasn't for shootout wins?

Take away every shootout win from every team this season (it's not quite that simple, but it's Friday and my brain is fried, so it will have to do), and:

League best: Anaheim, 81 points

Washington Capitals, 41 points

Only teams worse: NYI 38, FLA 35, CGY 39, EDM 38, BUF 26

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
In five games Wellman has more goals than three regular forwards do on the season.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera
Oates said Brooks Laich got tight and so they shut him down in the third period.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
*Four if you count Volpatti. Five if it's narrowed down to even-strength goals.

A salary cap team with very thin secondary scoring, suspect defense, inconsistent goaltending and questionable coaching. Heck of a job, GMGM.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
He is who I said he was four years ago. Be happy this may be the only thing that keeps GMGM from giving him 4x7.

An injury prone player who is far more valuable when healthy than any Caps fans give him credit for?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
No matter how long he lives, no matter what else he does with his life, they should put it on Oates's gravestone: "He sent Beagle in the shootout"

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
An injury prone player who is far more valuable when healthy than any Caps fans give him credit for?

Green has had like 1 good series career, maybe 1 and a half in his career. He's far less valuable without Bruce's consent to be a 4th forward and ignore D. He's so not worth the investment.

He and Semin should have been traded long ago. I've said this, I don't know, a thousand times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad