Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Wangs - 7:30EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
That lone Wings goal - yes it’s the Wings but they only got 1 with only 3 of our 6 D regulars, so is hard to say anyone played bad - does not happen but for Kuzy’s brain-fartingly failed clear.

No doubt Kempny was already mentally - if not physically - half-way to the bench when he realized that Kuzy (who otherwise played a pretty good game) had FUBARed a ready-made clear opportunity.

Did Kempny then look lost and unsure how to deal with the situation? Yep. Would we like to have seen him handle that situation better? Yep. Does that mean that he’s hopelessly relegated to being a non-serviceable NHL defenseman? Nope.

He’s looked pretty solid these last 2 games. No way Lavy gives him as much 5x5 ice time as he got, if Lavy didn’t think he was performing up to snuff

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Once is an eye roll or accepting that someone's not having a good day. Ten times is a tactic. If you can't see how playing with words like that is unnecessary and counterproductive on a discussion board I can make it clearer.

It's the "I'm a horrible mother" card, he makes some stupid dramatic declaration about himself or the topic at hand and then insists everyone just move on. Any further attempt to actually address the content and engage with it in earnest is now "piling on" and all you get is a flat response in which nothing else is volunteered. There aren't really a lot of ways to engage with that besides coddling someone you disagree with or dropping the entire discussion, which again, is counter to the whole reason we come here.

I've been here long enough to appreciate both sides of tex's thing, spent years agreeing with them. This is a new behavior and it's genuinely exhausting. If it were a gimmick poster I wouldn't care but it's not. It's like watching your parents do things they raised you to be above, it sucks worse to watch it and it's harder to just ignore.

Seriously. Its too bad that you feel that way. Again, you are reading attitude and intent that I am not installing there. Nothing else I can do but to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad