Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
None? If the Caps keep Kempny and want to trade for a forward to replace Mantha at the TDL, they have $2mish less they can fit. Yes?

Well ok, not none. He counts his full $2.5M salary vs what ever his hit was when he was in Hershey. I think it was 50% on Hershey? But we have the cap room to fit him and some additional parts until Mantha returns, if he does.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Well ok, not none. He counts his full $2.5M salary vs what ever his hit was when he was in Hershey. I think it was 50% on Hershey? But we have the cap room to fit him and some additional parts until Mantha returns, if he does.

I have Mantha out the rest of the season. Just based on the way people talk about him. We have the roster thread where people are getting excited about trading for Giroux or Hertl. Keeping Kempny would make that more difficult. Yes?

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I have Mantha out the rest of the season. Just based on the way people talk about him. We have the roster thread where people are getting excited about trading for Giroux or Hertl. Keeping Kempny would make that more difficult. Yes?

Yes more difficult but not terribly so. I think him being in the big club adds ~1.15M* to the cap. So that much more would have to go the other way.

Any trades for big names are just fantasy stuff on here, I see zero chance that BMac shakes things up like that, not with Kuzy playing so well.

Just checked, his hit when in Hershey was $1.375, so thats the savings if he goes back. Or in other words it costs them $1.15 more now that he's in DC.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You see them scoring chances on the PP tho?!

Nope. Not gonna do it.

360-fly-fishing.jpg

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yes more difficult but not terribly so. I think him being in the big club adds ~1.25M to the cap. So that much more would have to go the other way.

Any trades for big names are just fantasy stuff on here, I see zero chance that BMac shakes things up like that, not with Kuzy playing so well.

My take is that MacLellan will look for either a 6 to push Sheary into the McMichael spot or buy a 7 that leaves Sheary in the top 6 and fills out Eller's line directly.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
The eye test says Kempny is good again. What are the salary cap implications of keeping him on the nhl roster?
I mean, he’s only in because Fever, Schultz, Cholo and Jensen are all on protocol. And i’m not sure I rank Kempny above Johanssen, Irwin, or Alexeyev even. He looks slow to me, and the breakouts aren’t great when he’s out there (notwithstanding that secondary assist on Dowd goal). I love the guy and his perseverance. He seems like a good teammate. I just don’t see him even in our top 9, when protocol crew clears. But i may be in the minority. Certainly Lavi knows a hell of a lot more than I do, and he was putting Kempny in key situations tonight

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
My take is that MacLellan will look for either a 6 to push Sheary into the McMichael spot or buy a 7 that leaves Sheary in the top 6 and fills out Eller's line directly.

I'd look at it more like they would hope to add Mantha at the playoffs, rather than give up any assets for a rental/stranger. But predicting the future is not my specialty.

Reactions: troyerlaw

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'd look at it more like they would hope to add Mantha at the playoffs, rather than give up any assets for a rental/stranger. But predicting the future is not my specialty.

Maybe so. I am not expecting Mantha back this season. Shoulder surgery is an issue.

Meanwhile, Carlin getting bounced had all the markings of a salary based move. He had been there a long time and she was pretty new to the business. She was probably a lot cheaper. MASN killed the Nationals pre and post game shows and the sideline reporter as well

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I mean, he’s only in because Fever, Schultz, Cholo and Jensen are all on protocol. And i’m not sure I rank Kempny above Johanssen, Irwin, or Alexeyev even. He looks slow to me, and the breakouts aren’t great when he’s out there (notwithstanding that secondary assist on Dowd goal). I love the guy and his perseverance. He seems like a good teammate. I just don’t see him even in our top 9, when protocol crew clears. But i may be in the minority. Certainly Lavi knows a hell of a lot more than I do, and he was putting Kempny in key situations tonight

Its pretty easy to see where the trust factor is. Kempny played 20ish mins in both games. He played a lot more than Irwin, AA or Johansen.. Its easy to see them ditching Cholo and giving Irwin's 7d slot to Kempny if not push him into the top 6 if they were willing to scratch Schultz.

Reactions: Drakon

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Maybe so. I am not expecting Mantha back this season. Shoulder surgery is an issue.

Meanwhile, Carlin getting bounced had all the markings of a salary based move. He had been there a long time and she was pretty new to the business. She was probably a lot cheaper. MASN killed the Nationals pre and post game shows and the sideline reporter as well

I mean he should be ready by April, that's over 6 months.

I get why Rob was let go.... doesn't mean I liked it. Plus Caps broadcast was not MASN owned, its NBCSports, but anyway, its all done.

Reactions: Drakon

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I mean he should be ready by April, that's over 6 months.

I get why Rob was let go.... doesn't mean I liked it. Plus Caps broadcast was not MASN owned, its NBCSports, but anyway, its all done.

I understand they were different companies. I was just saying that kind of thing was common with covid revenue damage at play

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I miss Rob. His and Mays dissing each other back and fourth made me watch the whole intermission. Alexa is too nice.

The thing with Alexa is that she defers a lot to May. She knows he is vastly more knowledgeable on hockey being a former NHL player and working as an analyst forever, so she doesn’t ever challenge his position on anything.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I understand they were different companies. I was just saying that kind of thing was common with covid revenue damage at play

Did you listen to the Red Wings broadcast with Mickey Redmond? I know you usually pick the other team feeds. What did you think of him? I was going to listen because I've heard he's pretty entertaining (total Red Wings homer but in a sincere way, not obnoxious (like the Boston guy).
In the end I went with the regular Caps guys but Locker is starting to wear on me a bit

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Its pretty easy to see where the trust factor is. Kempny played 20ish mins in both games. He played a lot more than Irwin, AA or Johansen.. Its easy to see them ditching Cholo and giving Irwin's 7d slot to Kempny if not push him into the top 6 if they were willing to scratch Schultz.

Not only that, but he was out there to start every period, and was with Carlson protecting the lead with less than 2 minutes to go (with Orlov and Carlson closing the game out). One other thing I’ve noticed about Kempny is he’s persistent at providing a net front presence when he isn’t 1:1, and trying to clear the net in front of Sammy. He still has an underrated snare to his game.

I just don’t understand the logic that he’s behind even Johansen on a roster chart? Johansen isn’t even in front of him on Hershey’s depth chart. I don’t think, at this point, Irwin or Cholo should ever be playing if Kempny is available instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad