Post-Game Talk: Caps vs the weird P logo team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
This game is the perfect example of why so many of us are critical even after wins. We can win games just on our talent alone. But this team has not played good hockey for a long time and is not showing any signs of improving. The core is too old to simply throw away seasons hoping we will somehow improve without a significant change.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
yep and the Blue Jackets, Rangers, Islanders, and Hurricanes are burning up the standings

All of them look just like Philly

Again, the Caps suck. We know. That doesn’t mean the other teams behind them aren’t worse
The Caps will make the playoffs. All I was saying was that winning 3 of 4 wasn’t indicative of their play as of late. They clearly aren’t out of the abyss. They’re still playing some pretty bad hockey.

Reactions: troyerlaw and Heath

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Reirden is an assistant coach. They can realize this now, and do something about it, or they can waste a playoff run.

I have yet to watch a game in two years where I thought the Caps outcoached their opponents.

they’re pretty much guaranteed to at least waste a run lol....buckle up. GMBM’s boy....

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Reirden is an assistant coach. They can realize this now, and do something about it, or they can waste a playoff run.

I have yet to watch a game in two years where I thought the Caps outcoached their opponents.
Everyone knows he stinks. Yes.

Playoffs will be a factor. Another loss where we are upset and he should be gone. If we make a deep run then his job is saved.

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
Backstrom, Ovi, Oshie, Kovy, Vrana, Carlson, Jensen dont deserve a paycheck for tonight's effort.
Shitting on their fans like this is inexcusable. :mad:

Last edited:

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
This game is the perfect example of why so many of us are critical even after wins. We can win games just on our talent alone. But this team has not played good hockey for a long time and is not showing any signs of improving. The core is too old to simply throw away seasons hoping we will somehow improve without a significant change.
Exactly this. They’re not winning 4 series in a row playing like this. They probably aren’t even winning 1.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Then you must not watch a lot of Caps games then. I get people are unhappy with their slump but cmon this is a bunch of bs. All of those huge wins must have just been the talent right? Definitely nothing to do with coaching

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Then you must not watch a lot of Caps games then. I get people are unhappy with their slump but cmon this is a bunch of bs. All of those huge wins must have just been the talent right? Definitely nothing to do with coaching
You can’t trade the team away but you can change the coach. The same problems they had in the playoffs last year are surfacing again. Team defense under Todd so far has been less than optimal.

Reactions: longtime lurker

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Given their second half play, they don't deserve the division.

Might as well just get ready for the inevitable PIT/WSH first round deathmatch.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Also, Kovalchuk looks like a complete non-fit. Totally see why LA cut him. Useless unless given 1st line minutes.

Reactions: Pomee

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I have perspective. They have been on a straight nose dive since before the all star break. Todd is the HC.

Rierden needed to be replaced after the loss to the Devils. The games they have won since that time (and even before that) have been won because of talent, other team playing like crap, or a player going into beast mode and doing it single-handedly (Ovie 14 goals in 7 games).
In other words they have won those games DESPITE the coaches. There is no consistency and there is no structure, no discipline. It's been like this for at least the last 15 games.

So now we live or die with Rierden and the bald bozo who is a one trick pony with the powerplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad