GDT: Caps vs Sens 7pm et Jan 22

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Feel embarrassed to ask this, but has Fever been on the ice in OT yet this season? He immediately changed the tone of the OT play. This is an example of why 5x5 and PP success doesn’t necessarily translate to OT success in terms of personnel. More Fever and less Carlson please.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Don’t know where their 5v5 offense disappeared to in the 1st but they played a pretty good game. PP looked decent. Didn’t give up much at 5v5 and Vanecek was average, which is all they need to win a majority of their games. Get Carlson and Orlov back Monday and go from there.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

ToddBrew

Oct 5, 2017
I constantly waffle between, "this team can't win a series between legit contenders" and "once we're completely healthy, this is a legit contender."

Then I eat a big plate of waffles.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I never got the Nicky hate. Sure he doesn't skate fast, but he thinks the game 100 times faster than other players. You can't teach that kind of hockey IQ.
9 games and 8 points....still not 100% and working his way back into game shape. I got no problems with him. Nicky always slows down in the playoffs it seems. Maybe the half season off keeps him fresh through the playoffs.

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Feel embarrassed to ask this, but has Fever been on the ice in OT yet this season? He immediately changed the tone of the OT play. This is an example of why 5x5 and PP success doesn’t necessarily translate to OT success in terms of personnel. More Fever and less Carlson please.

No, this was the first time. Plenty have suggested it. Why Lavi didn’t do it before is one of those coaching decisions I don’t understand at all.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
ya'll are nuts with this Backstrom hate. Its not 2017 anymore.

It's not hate, hes just gotten slower and slower over the years. We all love him, but he's not the player he once was and it's detrimental to the rest of the team. We need to start looking for his replacement and move him to #3C.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
By the way, I finally noticed what should have been done many moons ago in the OT: Ovi was about to jump on the ice when Fevers skated into an offside. So Ovi got back to the bench, and got back on the ice only after we won the next face-off. A smart decision.

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Don’t know where their 5v5 offense disappeared to in the 1st but they played a pretty good game. PP looked decent. Didn’t give up much at 5v5 and Vanecek was average, which is all they need to win a majority of their games. Get Carlson and Orlov back Monday and go from there.

The played against the Sens. Against most teams this would have been a big L.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi my Caps friends.

I do not own your legendary captain Ovie on any of my Fantasy Teams. I was not fortunate enough to land a top 6 pick this Season.

I cannot logically explain why, but in my hockey heart I cannot help but smile every time I see/read that Great8 has scored.

It’s probably just my love for the Game that applauds and cheers for such a generational talent to keep up his success against all odds.

I love this Man for what he has given us ever since he arrived.

Long Live King Ovie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad