GDT: Caps vs rangers game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSUCapsFan

Jan 8, 2010
Irvine, CA
I knew this would be a soul crushing devastating loss, i just wasn't sure what type it would be. I was leaning towards a down by 1 late like Montreal, instead it turned out to be the Pittsburgh variety.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
Stanley_Cup_Art_1.jpg

The joke continues.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Why not?

Look at this team under Hunter last year and now under Oates. Both had about the same number of games to coach them.

But they didn't fall apart then. They did now.

Whats the difference?

The difference? Holtby was better, roster was better, Thomas was worse than Lundqvist, and every game was a coin flip. Let's not pretend that they were some juggernaut.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Why not?

Look at this team under Hunter last year and now under Oates. Both had about the same number of games to coach them.

Whats the difference?

6.6 seconds left still hurts more to me than any of the last playoff losses recently. The Flyers OT goal in game 7 pretty tough too. What angers me is this team never learned from those moments. I don't want a total blowup, but some changes need to be made. Whoever is out drinking and partying after this needs to go.

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
Why not?

Whats the difference?

Oates had them playing some of their best hockey in years. Why can't the players ever be held accountable for melt downs? They've burned through like 4 coaches in 3 years.

blokeyhighlander

June = :cupnana:
Oct 9, 2009
NC
What happened to our incessant forecheck from the first two games? It's as if once the guys realized we weren't going to sweep them with that kinda play they started to sit back more.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
The difference? Holtby was better, roster was better, Thomas was worse than Lundqvist, and every game was a coin flip. Let's not pretend that they were some juggernaut.

But they didn't fold. The reason every game was close was because of the system they played.

I'm not pining for Hunter, mind you. What I'm saying is this team needs a coach like Hunter. Someone that doesn't take **** from anybody, especially the players. Someone that lets these guys know who the boss is. Someone like Torts. Its the only time I've seen these guys not fold.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Oates had them playing some of their best hockey in years. Why can't the players ever be held accountable for melt downs? They've burned through like 4 coaches in 3 years.

The GM has to hold them accountable by shipping their ***** to Edmonton. Instead, we'll retool a few 4th liners and try the same garbage again...

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
7+ minutes remaining, Caps going on the powerplay... and NBC is talking about the broadcast schedule for Game 2 of the next round between Boston and NY Rangers! :laugh: ... :cry:

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Exactly. The physicality, the forecheck pressure etc. Everything from the first two games disappeared.

It didn't just disappear. It disappeared because the Rangers played much better. I give them full credit. They were the better team since game 4.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Dec 4, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
Visit site

Oates didn't adjust the lines except for an injury. That's pretty effing bad. I wouldn't fire him though. MoJo and Backstrom should have been on different lines then Ovechkin midway through game 4.

GMGM has to go. He re-signs all the fringe players right before hte playoffs and guess what, none of them show up in the playoffs. They secured their job for another year or two. Stupid. Who cares about losing them? Honestly don't think you can find another John Erskine or a Jeff Schultz in the free agency? There's 100s of them in the minors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad