Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Pens 7pm Dec 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sprong-McMic-Oshie looks interesting, kinda like Lavi wants Oshie to create some offense for the snakebit boys

I think its far more about defense. Hagelin Eller Sheary is your Crosby checking line. Oshie is to make sure McMichael and Sprong dont get in trouble.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
F1? Seriously? I am a racer and love racing but not that stuff.
What’s wrong with it? My brother and dad are huge racers they go to Watkins glen, VIR summit point and they like F1 also. It’s the only competitive racing I like to watch

Sep 19, 2008

there was a good read on this on the caps site or athletic, can't remember. basically cassidy wasn't ready to be a head coach and the poor season they had that year helped the caps get the #1 pick who they would use to draft Ovechkin.

So in some ways Cassidy was responsible for the Caps tanking so poorly that they lucked into the #1 pick and a star was born

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
What’s wrong with it? My brother and dad are huge racers they go to Watkins glen, VIR summit point and they like F1 also. It’s the only competitive racing I like to watch

Competitive? Its not and thats what I dont like about it. There are only 2 cars in the races this season unless they wreck each other. I like racing. Competition. F1 cars almost always finish how they qualify. I like IMSA and Australian Supercars and Indycar and DTM. I raced in Trans Am. F1 has bored me for years unless its the grid promo girls before the race.

Me at Road Atlanta.

upload_2021-12-10_12-43-16.jpeg

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
there was a good read on this on the caps site or athletic, can't remember. basically cassidy wasn't ready to be a head coach and the poor season they had that year helped the caps get the #1 pick who they would use to draft Ovechkin.

So in some ways Cassidy was responsible for the Caps tanking so poorly that they lucked into the #1 pick and a star was born

I would dump a big hairy chunk of Cassidy's failure in Jagr's lap. I didn't approve of the way he treated Witt and Johansson but Jagr just told Cassidy to take a hike. Jagr was a destructive scumbag and its good to know he didnt destroy Cassidy

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

I will also say that the tracks bore me to tears. American permanent road courses are not safe enough for F1. That race track they do use in Texas is horrid.
Call me a snob

Reactions: max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Competitive? Its not and thats what I dont like about it. There are only 2 cars in the races this season unless they wreck each other. I like racing. Competition. F1 cars almost always finish how they qualify. I like IMSA and Australian Supercars and Indycar and DTM. I raced in Trans Am. F1 has bored me for years unless its the grid promo girls before the race.

Me at Road Atlanta.

View attachment 489606
Yeah it’s certainly has been boring when Vettel/Hamilton always won but this year has definitely been pretty exciting to watch as a fan. This was one of my brothers cars (I never raced, just went to ride and hangout)
C95D947E-6472-4BC2-8D90-1E09A04086B0.jpeg

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I would dump a big hairy chunk of Cassidy's failure in Jagr's lap. I didn't approve of the way he treated Witt and Johansson but Jagr just told Cassidy to take a hike. Jagr was a destructive scumbag and its good to know he didnt destroy Cassidy

Jagr was definitely a negative influence on the team, but no part of Cassidy's failure is on Jagr. Cassidy failed in Washington because of his own immaturity and unprofessionalism. When he introduced himself to the team, he was reading off his comments from a crumpled napkin in his pocket. He was late/missed the team bus on multiple occasions. Worst of all, he called out Brendan Witt for being distracted by his wife being in urgent care after nearly dying from sepsis during childbirth. Jagr didn't make him do any of that. Cassidy's failure in DC is purely on Cassidy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...e-start/7bb8a1bc-26af-4365-ad55-7e2534cf9c5a/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...logizes/9cfd50b9-a96c-4909-9087-ac641de28291/

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yeah it’s certainly has been boring when Vettel/Hamilton always won but this year has definitely been pretty exciting to watch as a fan. This was one of my brothers cars (I never raced, just went to ride and hangout) View attachment 489615

Two teams have won 19 of the 21 races. Boo. VIR is a beautiful place and I love being there. VIR is also very difficult.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Jagr was definitely a negative influence on the team, but no part of Cassidy's failure is on Jagr. Cassidy failed in Washington because of his own immaturity and unprofessionalism. When he introduced himself to the team, he was reading off his comments from a crumpled napkin in his pocket. He was late/missed the team bus on multiple occasions. Worst of all, he called out Brendan Witt for being distracted by his wife being in urgent care after nearly dying from sepsis during childbirth. Jagr didn't make him do any of that. Cassidy's failure in DC is purely on Cassidy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...e-start/7bb8a1bc-26af-4365-ad55-7e2534cf9c5a/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...logizes/9cfd50b9-a96c-4909-9087-ac641de28291/

Let me clarify my position. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
I think its far more about defense. Hagelin Eller Sheary is your Crosby checking line. Oshie is to make sure McMichael and Sprong dont get in trouble.
Lavi basically has Oshie and Sheary to choose from for 2RW/3RW

Sprong-McMic-Sheary I don't think is going to create offense

Sprong-McMic-Oshie I think will create offense (Oshie's hands, creativity, hard checking and IQ being the big differential vs. Sheary being a little spark plug with less creativity/physicality)
I think defensively those lines would be about the same; with no Guentzel/Rust/Malkin, Lavi's main D worries are Crosby and Rodrigues (who has been creating a ton of chances); Carter's dangerous but invisible the last dozen games til last game w/2G... so not as much of a need to match lines tonight

Wouldn't be surprised to see Sprong and McMic both getting G's tonight with TJ as primaries on both

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Lavi basically has Oshie and Sheary to choose from for 2RW/3RW

Sprong-McMic-Sheary I don't think is going to create offense

Sprong-McMic-Oshie I think will create offense (Oshie's hands, creativity, hard checking and IQ being the big differential vs. Sheary being a little spark plug with less creativity/physicality)
I think defensively those lines would be about the same; with no Guentzel/Rust/Malkin, Lavi's main D worries are Crosby and Rodrigues (who has been creating a ton of chances); Carter's dangerous but invisible the last dozen games til last game w/2G... so not as much of a need to match lines tonight

Wouldn't be surprised to see Sprong and McMic both getting G's tonight with TJ as primaries on both

You think which lines would be about the same? Sprong McMichael Oshie and Hagelin Eller Sheary?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Guentzel out week-to-week. We're guaranteed to win if he's not playing lol, it seems like he scores 50% of all their goals against us.

Buddy, as a Pens fan, he scores 50% of our goals against everybody this season lol.

Should be a good game tonight. The Pens are playing well lately but your boys have been good all season. Have fun.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
I think SMcMO can be a good line.

That second line looks dreadful.
Against anyone, but Sheary loves playing the Pens.

Anyway, excited about the game. Not so much about boasting in this thread. As a PTSDed caps fan, I'm always cautious and scared against the Pens. I think Crosby can be huge tonight. He has lots of points recently, plus playing against rejuvenated Ovie. Hope that motivates Ovie too!

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

Just killing time .. watched this "biggest hits of 2021 so far" type video and there isnt a single Caps hit in there.

I enjoy our faster more skilled "focus on winning puck not taking body" approach but I do miss the body bag style over the past several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad