Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Pens 7pm Dec 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I've said from day 1 he reminds me of bad Brett Connolly. When he'd go invisible and get scratched for a couple games to light a fire under his ass. Sprong is ALWAYS that. I'd 10/10 have almost every Hershey guy who has been up this year in his spot once fully healthy.

All the Hershey call ups have been better. Even guys that are not expected to contribute much like Malenstyn and Leason have done more.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Blame this on us not giving 2 f***s for the first 2 periods, while also giving credit to PIT in completely suffocating the ice.

Caps didn't want to pay the price to go hard to the net, while the Pens did so. Caps were outworked most of the game and deserved to lose. The team really let down Sammy tonight, who was their best player.

If I remember from the 6-1 win earlier in the season against the Pens, it was the Pens who looked lackluster throughout that game just like the Caps did in this game.

Both teams had the same amount of days off. Caps should have expected the Pens to play better than last time around. The Caps just didn't match the work ethic, energy and speed the Pens were playing with.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
2min left Hags on the ice
|
Excuse me but didnt the Caps have their entire available top 6 on the ice for the 6 on 5 goal except Wilson who was not available? Laviolette wants to get control of the puck to get the goalie out and get his offensive 6 on 5 unit out on the ice again. He had Hagelin, Sprong, and 3 rookies to choose from. Somebody had to play.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Nothing except Fehervary is going to miss games. That was brutal.

Replay showed the Pens player lifted his elbow up into Fever's head. The league is suppose to be on top these head shots and they are not. That could have been a 5 minute major. How can the refs not pick up on that incident when Fever was the player who briefly had the puck for a moment?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Replay showed the Pens player lifted his elbow up into Fever's head. The league is suppose to be on top these head shots and they are not. That could have been a 5 minute major. How can the refs not pick up on that incident when Fever was the player who briefly had the puck for a moment?

I can imagine hockey referees not seeing things. That they missed the hit doesnt surprise me. What will bother me is that DoPS will just blow it off

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Found it. It was right after the 2nd goal and i went to the kitchen in disgust. Of course there were excuses for the no call.

Yeah.. I'm a little inebriated. Probably better to check again in the morning. But thats what others are saying.

Honestly I don't even care about the penalty. I just hope Fever is okay.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah.. I'm a little inebriated. Probably better to check again in the morning. But thats what others are saying.

Honestly I don't even care about the penalty. I just hope Fever is okay.

Just the league covering up for the Pens again. Nothing new here. Both incidents regarding Fever being a victim, should have been easy calls for the refs.

Reactions: tenken00

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The ESPN crew was atrocious all game long. Really need to work on their craft there. I can’t remember which announcer it was but when talking about Dowd and Hathaway being on the COVID list, they referred to Dowd as Jim Dowd and said they were in concussion protocol.

Also way less graphics please. I don’t need a shift tracker for Ovi and Sid. I want to watch the game.

They also called the Fever hit an “unfortunate result” and blamed the no call on the fact that they ref wasn’t in position to see a head shot.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Absolute cheap heat shot on Fehervary. Doubt anything happens tho
Did anyone from Caps step up to fight McGinn? (I wasn’t able to watch the game.) Seems like a fight was warranted in view of hit being dirty, it going unpenalized, and us losing the player for (at least) the rest of the game.

I’m guessing Hathaway would’ve challenged McGinn, but he was out. And maybe the team is asking Wilson to do less fighting, esp. since we don’t need to lose him for 5 minutes of gametime when our roster is so depleted already. What about Malenstyn or Leason? Do either of those guys fight?
Did our physical play increase at all after the headshot on Fever?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
But you have to admit the Crosby play was hilarious
Not really, no. Yet again, it’s a play that would get a lesser known player in trouble, but Crosby gets a pass. Same as him severing Methot’s finger with a slash or any of his various nut-crackers v. opponents who get under his skin.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Thoroughly embarrassed by this team and that's a rarity for me in the early-to-mid regular season as the games don't mean much. Spineless performance against their rivals highlighted by absolute no response for headshot on your rookie top-pairing D and the Wilson -incident.

Penguins made them look like a joke both on the scoreboard and physically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Did anyone from Caps step up to fight McGinn? (I wasn’t able to watch the game.) Seems like a fight was warranted in view of hit being dirty, it going unpenalized, and us losing the player for (at least) the rest of the game.

I’m guessing Hathaway would’ve challenged McGinn, but he was out. And maybe the team is asking Wilson to do less fighting, esp. since we don’t need to lose him for 5 minutes of gametime when our roster is so depleted already. What about Malenstyn or Leason? Do either of those guys fight?
Did our physical play increase at all after the headshot on Fever?
No, they looked rattled and then got scored on pretty immediately afterwards, making it 3-0 and that was that. Limped out of the period and tried to find their game down men.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
That was awful.

Credit to Pittsburgh as they played an excellent defensive game, while Caps brought zero effort. This should have been 3-0 half way through the first. Samsonov was the only guy who showed up to play and the team let him down.

I hated this game. Don't know which one of the Hagelin-Eller-Sheary or Spring-McMichael-Oshie lines is worse. They are both horrible. Watching Carlson skate is like watching a baby moose try to walk across a frozen lake. Fehervary is concussed with a blatant head shot and it's not even a penalty.

Also, this broadcast absolutely sucked ass. That's it. Good night.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad