Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Panthers 5:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
A yes. Excuses. Reasons. Sv% .864. Were that Vanecek you have buried the guy. Those snipes would have been clean beats with no screens. But ok. I am good with Sammy. I was just checking.

I have rarely used excuses with both goalies, as I have been highly critical of both. Sammy didn't give up any near-post shots, so I see that as a positive. Vitek is a fricken rebound machine! He has not fixed that problem since he started out last season. Either he needs to fix giving up so many rebounds or learn to position himself better on 2ndary shots, which is something that Sammy is far better equipped to handle. Vitek has maxed out to be a backup goalie, while Sammy is starting to get into a rhythm of being the go to goalie most nights.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
A yes. Excuses. Reasons. Sv% .864. Were that Vanecek you have buried the guy. Those snipes would have been clean beats with no screens. But ok. I am good with Sammy. I was just checking.
“Excuses,” coming from the guy who excuses all of Vanecek goals against in OT or PK or PP scenarios.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
We need a longer sample of his consistent play. And he has to play the puck behind the net more actively. Gotta help your D. He still has time to get better, but it’s not like we can wait a couple more seasons for him to improve.
What's another option? It isn't Vanecek.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Awesome win and very important stretch. A few of those goals against were blunders, but I'll take it. Protas is really growing up and hope he continues his trend. I like our team!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Right now you can stick anyone with Ovi and Kuzy and that player would look good. Not saying Protas has been bad or anything. I actually like the move, will help him develop.

Lavy has put Protas on pp1. He's playing rw with Ov and Kuzy when it could have been any number of other call ups. I think its fair to think that something is going on there.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Fun game to attend tonight. McMichael and Sprong are fun to watch. OV was in beast mode. Rows upon rows of people complaining about Hags sucking. And we won!

Reactions: troyerlaw

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Trading for a veteran goaltender who can step in if Sam doesn’t become consistently good before the playoffs.

I think RMNB was banging the Holtby train. He's 2-4-1 on the year, but he's got a 2.5 GAA and almost a .920 save percentage. Though I don't agree with his response that Holtby was poor because our defense was poor then,but he does seem to have played a bit better recently.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think RMNB was banging the Holtby train. He's 2-4-1 on the year, but he's got a 2.5 GAA and almost a .920 save percentage. Though I don't agree with his response that Holtby was poor because our defense was poor then,but he does seem to have played a bit better recently.

If they want a goalie and Holtby is available, he is perfect

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
It would be quite a reunion, wouldn’t it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad