Post-Game Talk: Caps vs. Panthers 3PM - CSN Washington)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Well said, and I agree.

Ovi seems to be enjoying himself again. That damn Gillette deal. He clearly hated shaving before inking the deal. And it appears he still does.

Indeed. I imagine a lot of Ovie enjoying himself again has to do with the fact that he doesn't feel the pressure to carry the team every night. And I think he really trusts and respects Trotz. He might be starting to go on a little streak himself. If Ovie gets hot and Holts continues to play this well, look out.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Burakovsky gets the GWG for Washington in an important game against team right behind them in the standings.

At the same time Sweden crash out in Semi's against Russia.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
If we hadn't thrown away He-who-shall-not-be-named, I'd want him at 1RW... so seeing Bura there is nice. Really hoping he does well.

Halpysback*

Imagine this team with Forsberg on the top line. He's pretty much every single thing they need to compliment Ovechkin and Backstrom wrapped up in one young player. They'd have a legit chance to come out of the East

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Imagine this team with Forsberg on the top line. He's pretty much every single thing they need to compliment Ovechkin and Backstrom wrapped up in one young player. They'd have a legit chance to come out of the East

They still have a legit chance to come out of the East, but yes, Forsberg would be nice.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
hopefully Luongo is okay.

Ov did put a forearm in the side of his head. Its impossible for me to know intentions. Ov was down and came back up for what I am guess was to clear the goalie on top and Luongo came up too. Boom. But, who knows.

Another win. Keep scoring them. It seems like the rest of the east hasn't really noticed the Capitals coming because they are focused on the Rangers.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'd keep Burakovsky on the top line for a few more games at least, thought that they played good as a line tonight. Also, there was nowhere for Ovechkin to go on that collision, unfortunate for Florida, hopefully Luongo is okay.

Given that he scored and they won, keep them together for now. But not a really long leash. He lost too many puck battles.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Could you guys just stop talking about Forsberg. It's been beaten to death, he's gone, deal with it. Who cares how the line up could have looked. We're playing fine right now.

Halpysback*

They still have a legit chance to come out of the East, but yes, Forsberg would be nice.

I don't see it, even if Holtby and the D holds up the forward corps doesn't look like it'll stand up to scrutiny. Imagine playoff teams matching Ovechkin-Backstrom-thirdwheel and Johansson/Kuz/Brouwer with how much trouble those trios are having in the regular season.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Could you guys just stop talking about Forsberg. It's been beaten to death, he's gone, deal with it. Who cares how the line up could have looked. We're playing fine right now.

Hockey fans enjoy talking about hypotheticals. Deal with it.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
its a good way of keep our feet on the ground here. caps do well, Forsberg. brings you right back down. quick and easy.

Don't let it get to you. We'll all be dead in 50 years, give or take, anyway.

Vladiator16*

Good team effort. Tip for Luongo - don't stand on the tracks when the train is coming.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Don't let it get to you. We'll all be dead in 50 years, give or take, anyway.

I don't let it get to me. I laugh every time I see it. Its hilarious. I think this is the first time that someone has said that the Caps blew a chance at the finals for trading him.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
No me gusta Hillen/Green. It seems like Green's philosophy on making mistakes is 'go big or go home' cause when he screws up he really screws up. The thing about him bumping into Hillen, I understand accidents happen. But when he got back up he didn't seem like he was in any urgent hurry to get back. That really pissed me off. I also noticed him at a time in the game where the score was 4-2 jumping into the offensive zone and going deep even behind the net. Seems like kind of an odd decision for a defenseman at that point in the game.

Anyone else think Schmidt > Hillen and Carlson > Green on the PP?

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
No me gusta Hillen/Green. It seems like Green's philosophy on making mistakes is 'go big or go home' cause when he screws up he really screws up. The thing about him bumping into Hillen, I understand accidents happen. But when he got back up he didn't seem like he was in any urgent hurry to get back. That really pissed me off. I also noticed him at a time in the game where the score was 4-2 jumping into the offensive zone and going deep even behind the net. Seems like kind of an odd decision for a defenseman at that point in the game.

Schmidt is definitely better than Hillen.

Doesn't matter who the dman is on the PP right now. The entire unit is beyond stale. Losing face offs in the o-zone, Mojo flubbing every puck, Ovi is always covered, etc.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

I am not sure how you know which player among hillen and green was responsible for running into each other.

Did you notice the shift before green went deep into the offensive zone that alzner chased a puck all the way behind the offensive net? either they both had the same brain fart OR they were acting on directions. since its more out of character for alzner and since green was in their the next shift, I am confident it was the coaching staff telling them to push

OVs Gold Chain*

Nice to get tested and respond in a couple key areas: 5-on-3 and holding a 2-goal lead. Only con for me was the undisciplined play at times, but I think they're getting better in that regard. In this league you're going to deal with make-up calls no matter how clean you play (unless you're the Rangers in MSG :sarcasm:) but it helps if you play clean enough to maintain a total PP advantage.

The team has bought in and it's a relief to see. Epix gave such a great look into how the players respect Trotz and his mindset in approaching games.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I literally can't add anything re:Green that wouldn't be beating a dead horse into molecules.

Just... one way or another, Caps' would improve their chances by a ton if they could fix their cap allocation in a reasonable manner. Doesn't make sense to have an extra foot when you're missing a forearm. Sorry, horse, I guess.

Halpysback*

Schmidt has the potential to be better than Hillen but he's not right now. Schmidt skates faster but Hillen has a better shot, better O and D awareness and is more cold-blooded defensively which is why he works well with Green (whenever Green doesn't bowl him over).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad