Post-Game Talk: Caps vs. Panthers 3PM - CSN Washington)

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Burakovsky on the top line. Sounds like a feast or famine type situation. IMO the top line needs a good possession type player and Bura ain't it. Teams are just going to take it to the boards and win that way.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Think Ovi and Nicky have done a great job with possession on the top line recently. Ovi's board game has improved exponentially. Barry's done a great job with him there. What it needs is a finisher and someone with a bit of vision, and I hope Bura can be one.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Burakovsky on the top line. Sounds like a feast or famine type situation. IMO the top line needs a good possession type player and Bura ain't it. Teams are just going to take it to the boards and win that way.

Look for Beagle and Bura to swap if nothing gets going in the first....

But it starts at 8pm my time so I can actually watch it for once! Please don't be boring.

Pls Florida.

Pls.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'm surprised anyone feels anything other than the dread of impending boredom. Probably an ugly game with at most 4 or 5 goals between the two teams, if we're lucky.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Yeah, total trap game. I'm going to start filing my taxes and leave it on in the background.

Maybe Bura's on the first line because he might bring some hunger to a group of guys who have been more than content to rest on even the most modest laurels.

Go Caps.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Would have rather seen Burakovsky between 90/20 and Kuznetsov on the top line as I think Burakovsky showed a lot more chemistry with that pair earlier this year than Kuznetsov has, but hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Also, Latta should be a regular now. No more scratching.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Going from the WC to this matchup is probably one of the biggest letdowns you're going to see in hockey. I hope there's some punching and scoring.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Would have rather seen Burakovsky between 90/20 and Kuznetsov on the top line as I think Burakovsky showed a lot more chemistry with that pair earlier this year than Kuznetsov has, but hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Also, Latta should be a regular now. No more scratching.

Well... I think Bura is likely a better fit on top line than Kuz -- because of better quickness & puck retrieval -- Ovi and Nick need it.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Thought Brouwer was going to pull it out the bag and sink a SH wraparound, had Loungo hook line and sinker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad