Post-Game Talk: Caps vs. Panthers 3PM - CSN Washington)

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
When someone provides factual information, build a strawman. In fact...ALWAYS build a strawman.

I like that idea! I'll make mine look scary and stuff

was it Green that traded Forsberg? I bet it was.

and....Chibi makes a good point. That might be what happened. Might not, but its he makes a good point.

Wouldn't surprise me if Green was the mastermind behind it.

RE: The play - sometimes keystone cops just happens. The game is fast and that was a 50/50 puck with 2 guys trying to make a play. I'd rather have that than both guys defering to the other though.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
That's a forward's mentality if I've ever seen one (and for forwards, it's correct). Defensemen in those types of situations should read their partner more than the puck.

That read was bad even if they don't collide and knock down half the team. Both defensemen are holding the blue line with no forward back.

Even for defensemen all the things I listed come into play. I'm simply saying there is no absolute for the how anyone should have played this and when that is the case players need to communicate.

If you disagree and feel this is 100% on Green then have at it.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Even for defensemen all the things I listed come into play. I'm simply saying there is no absolute for the how anyone should have played this and when that is the case players need to communicate.

If you disagree and feel this is 100% on Green then have at it.

Very few plays in hockey are 100% on any individual. In this case, Green made a bad read, followed by Green, Hillen, and Kuznetsov all not communicating, followed by Johansson failing to tie up the man in the crease (along with Brouwer being nowhere to be found). The only guy I don't find fault with in this sequence is Holtby. He made the first stop.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
:laugh: look at brouwer and luongo behind the play look at each other like "wtf"?

3FVQzOB.gif

:biglaugh:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Kuznetsov falling over them made it extra awesome to me.

I didn't see the Brouwer look at Luongo but can't blame him. That play was rediculous and it probably shocked him.

I can't fault MJ at all on that. He got back and there was no way he could have taken out 2 or 3 guys with one hit.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Very few plays in hockey are 100% on any individual. In this case, Green made a bad read, followed by Green, Hillen, and Kuznetsov all not communicating, followed by Johansson failing to tie up the man in the crease (along with Brouwer being nowhere to be found). The only guy I don't find fault with in this sequence is Holtby. He made the first stop.

Meh on Johansson's "flailing." It looks bad in slow-mo, but at full speed the whole incident took place rather quickly. It's not like he backchecked normally while following a play, he sprinted full speed to get in the position he needed to be. Completely excusable to lose track of the puck briefly in that situation. Unfortunate in that scenario, but he did what he was supposed to do on that broken play.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Meh on Johansson's "flailing." It looks bad in slow-mo, but at full speed the whole incident took place rather quickly. It's not like he backchecked normally while following a play, he sprinted full speed to get in the position he needed to be. Completely excusable to lose track of the puck briefly in that situation. Unfortunate in that scenario, but he did what he was supposed to do on that broken play.

didn't Johansson actually catch that play from behind he get his stick on the puck?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Mandatory.... I can't believe Hillen didn't get injured.

Last time I saw three guys on one team all wipe out at the same time, it was courtesy of Willie.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
That was quite a pile-up at the blue line. Are we sure Steckel wasn't involved?

Actually, if Steckel had been there, the others would have wound up on IR. I think Steckel's entire body was made of cement (not just the hands, like Chimmer).

By the way, wasn't Hillen the one who got a concussion last year from slamming into Ovie?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
That was quite a pile-up at the blue line. Are we sure Steckel wasn't involved?

Actually, if Steckel had been there, the others would have wound up on IR. I think Steckel's entire body was made of cement (not just the hands, like Chimmer).

By the way, wasn't Hillen the one who got a concussion last year from slamming into Ovie?

XIq4iJU.gif

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Poor Jack.

He seems to get crushed all the time whether its by his own team or the other team. If I recall he even broke his jaw taking on Ovechkin slapshot to the face when he was with the Islanders.

The guy isn't a bad player. Not awesome in his own zone or physical at all but he is very smooth with the puck and poised. A smaller less defensively good Tom Poti.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad