Post-Game Talk: Caps vs. Leaves, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Was there last night as well, and Kadri is just a major league turd. On one sequence, puck comes to Bura along D-zone wall, and Kadri pins him with his body sideways and throws a roundabout left to the chops. Doing that sort of crap all night - great see him flopping helplessly on the ice as Ovie pots GWG. He's a clear candidate for the all-weasel team.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That entire sequence was a joke. 8 gets crosschecked, then when he confronts him kadri takes a swing at him. Ovie never swings/punches/cross checks or anything and gets he gets the extra. Not even mentioning the third man is was a leaf. It's like the refs thinks all caps are Wilson

game management

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
No doubt Ovie would love it. It looked like he was ready to actually ride Kadri's head into the stanchion, before making a last-second course correction there.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Not if that skater is attempting to skate thru you on ice you own.
"Sticking your arm out" tends to imply player going around and not through. Polak very clearly shifts his body to the side and sticks out his arm/elbow.

That entire sequence was a joke. 8 gets crosschecked, then when he confronts him kadri takes a swing at him. Ovie never swings/punches/cross checks or anything and gets he gets the extra. Not even mentioning the third man is was a leaf. It's like the refs thinks all caps are Wilson
I didn't see a good replay but live it looked like Kadri might have Charged (feet off ice) to start all of that nonsense.

I can see how Oshie/Backie taking the 2nd Leaf down evens out, but how does Kardi's antics not count for more than what Ovie did? Just some biased crap. The past five or so games have just been awful in this aspect.

Last edited:

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
I'm no conspiracy guy or much of an officiating complainer but... GMBM should go nuts on a publicly seen, expletive filled, biased-reffing tirade. Something from the Tortorella playbook. Take the [short term] bad publicity and pay the fine. It might go a long way in the subconscious thoughts of the officials. The zebras are clearly anti-Cap and I'm ****ing tired of it.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I'm no conspiracy guy or much of an officiating complainer but... GMBM should go nuts on a publicly seen, expletive filled, biased-reffing tirade. Something from the Tortorella playbook. Take the [short term] bad publicity and pay the fine. It might go a long way in the subconscious thoughts of the officials. The zebras are clearly anti-Cap and I'm ****ing tired of it.
Don't **** anyone off…yet.

Just sit down with example of calls being made with in the same game and ask why the multiple similar actions against the Caps go uncalled. Don't complain about the calls being made or if they are tacky, but point out the standard set in that game and why it isn't being carried out.

Wilson's Hooking call is a perfect example. Don't point out Polak clamping down or anything like that. If Wilson is called for Hooking, why weren't either Blue Jacket players called at the blue line seconds before?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Save calling out for refs for the playoffs, and a loss. And likely losing in a series. And then complain so loud to encourage all to watch the next game, where the refs will have no choice but to keep it clean.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Like I said in another thread, the Caps are still 3 PIM in the black on the season. Every fanbase thinks their team gets jobbed by the refs. It's part of wearing our homer glasses.

Last edited by a moderator:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
PP differential was 6 to 2 in favor of the Leafs, but you'd never know it reading the Leafs GDT. The first part of their thread, they felt the Caps were getting away with a lot and wanted everything called. All fan bases are suspicious of the referees, it's just part of being a fan I suppose.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Every goal scored by our studs are a play of great skill; all goals allowed are a result of defensive breakdowns / pizza deliveries / Goalie fail. It's no surprise penalties are always complained about by all. There is a lot happening and at high speed, the refs have to tough. Linesman can barely get offsides called correctly and fans can never even tell the difference.

I think refs are told to call games in certain ways, even it up. Of course, the league loves parity. So refs have to deal with that, too.

Heck, in our beloved baseball, they can often get outs at first base called incorrectly, and that is a very repetitive play right in front of the umpire.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
I've actually been very impressed by the accuracy of calls by first base umps on bang-bang plays. I definitely wouldn't classify missed calls there as "often." There are hundreds of such plays each season and only a couple over the last 20+ years stand out as clear misses (Dekinger and Joyce come quickly to mind). They have the benefit of audible cues though, which I imagine helps quite a bit.

Perhaps it happens more than I think though. I would imagine there is a tracker that shows the numbers of calls overturned by challenges there over the last couple years, but I don't know where to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad