Post-Game Talk: Caps vs. Leaves, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
How in the world did they win that game? I left after the Leafs made it 4-2 in the second period.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Grubi didn't even start on German night but he swoops in on Canadian night and wins it? #revengetastessweetdontit

Good call on pulling Holtby. His fault or not it worked out in the end. :nod:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Grubi didn't even start on German night but he swoops in on Canadian night and wins it? #revengetastessweetdontit

Good call on pulling Holtby. His fault or not it worked out in the end. :nod:

Maybe pulling the goalie with a big mouth woke up the goal scoring. Or just playing the leafs did it

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Good little Kuzy interview:

What was said in between 2nd and 3rd period, you guys came out fired up?

Kuzy: we fix a few things, coaches come in and are positive, you can see fire in their eyes, guys are buzzing, Holts says "I want to see old Caps" we give him shoulder and I don't want talk about personal stuff, just team hockey.

Can you tell us what Justin Williams brings to the table?

He's so experienced, he says a few words before a shift or before the game and we just have to listen to him.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Williams and Holtby standing out more than once as locker room leaders.

"Old caps". Hmmm

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Some food for thought. The caps have scored 14 goals the last 3 games. And as the standing sit right now we are the 4th best team in the league. All 4 top teams are in the Metro.

It might be Trotz strategy to stay in the wildcard spot to avoid the tough metro :yo:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Ovechkin-Kadri -scrum was pretty hilarious. Looked like a man holding a boy back while he's trying to punch but just can't reach him. :laugh:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Ovechkin-Kadri -scrum was pretty hilarious. Looked like a man holding a boy back while he's trying to punch but just can't reach him. :laugh:

That entire sequence was a joke. 8 gets crosschecked, then when he confronts him kadri takes a swing at him. Ovie never swings/punches/cross checks or anything and gets he gets the extra. Not even mentioning the third man is was a leaf. It's like the refs thinks all caps are Wilson

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
So it's just like most nights here?

We can complain, they can't. That's the difference.
That concerns me a little bit right now, the bad and very bad officiating against us literally every single game.
I know players, staff, management cannot say this in the media, but I don't want a bad officiating against us to become a routine thing and going with this in the postseason.

The only game the refs "helped" us so far, it was against the Canucks at home. 1/37.

PS: You can already prepair your self for a bad officiating against CBJ, because they need to tie the record.

_______

I think I have a new superstition. Watch live the 1st period and then go to bed, it worked well the last 2 games :laugh:

Ovi ties Jagr's record:handclap:

Kuzya with a 4 point night:yo:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Was at the game last night. Enjoyable to say the least.

When it went to OT, I thought the 3 v 3 would favor the Leafs with their speed. Then I was surprised that Trotz starts Beagle/Kuznetsov/Carlson for the OT, where usually he starts with 2 dmen for OT. Thought Carlson had looked slow all night so I thought that this may end quickly. Beagle took the face off and won it sending it back in to the Caps zone where Carlson collected it. Beagle immediately rushed to the bench (shades of Boudreau and David Steckel) and Ovechkin came on the ice and we know the rest.

Other observations, Kadri is a POS, real dirty player but it seems he doesn't get caught by the referees as they were ignoring a lot of his antics last night, also Matt Martin is just a goon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad