Post-Game Talk: Caps Vs. Leafs

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Hahaha was that Ovi?

ovechkin-skillscomp20091.jpg

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
This team is playing really well right now, Holtby made the key stops he needed to make to keep momentum tonight and I thought the rest of the team played well. Ovechkin could easily have 25 so far, he's just off right now. Also I thought that Burakovsky played great on the top line today and Kuzy is filling out nicely at the 2nd line centre role.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I'll forever look at the Filip Forsberg trade in this light:

Forsberg/Oates/McPhee for Erat/Latta/Trotz/Korn/BMAC

that's actually a good way to look at it, we could still be stuck with Oates miserable out of our minds right now. I'm not sure I would've endured another season under him, last year I actually didn't mind missing some games or turning them off early. Haven't felt that this year at all even early when things were still rough and Trotz was ironing them out.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
He can't speak English Kuzya let's go.

Kuzya Kuzya. I was there. I scored big goal.

:laugh:

I think it's great having another young russian in the locker room for Ovie to bond with, I think he missed that a bit when Semin left. The locker room is having fun and it shows on the ice, that's something that has been missing since Bruce left.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think it's great having another young russian in the locker room for Ovie to bond with, I think he missed that a bit when Semin left. The locker room is having fun and it shows on the ice, that's something that has been missing since Bruce left.

I think happy players are better players. Ovi and his scruffy beard are back.

When there is no fun in what is a game, players are just there to collect paychecks, and not get injured. The lack of fun and thus effort since ~2010 has been painfully obvious, IMO.

images

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I agree with the "fun" and the locker room vibe. We do feel like a TEAM again. Mentally tougher, physically tougher, standing up for each other and playing a mean game.

Wasn't a perfect game last night but the Leafs had just made a coaching change so you'd expect them to play harder than usual.

That Kuznetsov is like silk. He's one of the smoothest players I've seen and extremely crafty. He baits opposing players and totally fools them when he's on.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
The other thing about Kuz is that he's got the Patrick Kane quality of being very hard to hit. His edges are so good and he's so naturally shifty that anyone who tries to line him up for a big hit comes away with air.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
NBC found their next scapegoat...

Milbury ripped Kessel pretty badly during the BOS-PIT game. Called him pain the ass for coaches and kind of guy that teammates don't want around the team.

I think i've seen this movie before. :laugh:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Ppl talked about Kuz having some Datsyuk in him around 5-6 years ago. He needs to put in Datsyuk like effort in training his body. Then he will become real player from big P. I think he got the rest covered.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
NBC has to stand in line behind the Canadian media on that Kessel angle.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-dave-feschuk-throwdown--video-232819133.html

Wasn't a perfect game last night but the Leafs had just made a coaching change so you'd expect them to play harder than usual.
Expect? Maybe. We've blown out other teams after a coaching change before, too.
Is that what actually happened? Hell no.
Leafs played like hot garbage last night, and were very soft in their defensive zone. They have the Kuznetsov line tons of space to do their thing. They did a good job of matching up and getting in Ovechkin's face, but the rest of the Leafs roster did absolutely nothing.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
NBC found their next scapegoat...

Milbury ripped Kessel pretty badly during the BOS-PIT game. Called him pain the ass for coaches and kind of guy that teammates don't want around the team.

I think i've seen this movie before. :laugh:

I wonder how many TML fans still think Kessel is pretty much as good as 8

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
I remember back in Carlson's rookie year in '10, I was saying that Carlson would be competing for a Norris trophy in 5 years. People thought I was crazy, but I think it's fair to say Carlson should be in the conversation for his season so far.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I remember back in Carlson's rookie year in '10, I was saying that Carlson would be competing for a Norris trophy in 5 years. People thought I was crazy, but I think it's fair to say Carlson should be in the conversation for his season so far.

If he keeps this up and isn't in going to finally get on the NHL hates the Caps bandwagon. II get why Green didn't get it... But the whole "gotta put in years to be part of the Norris club" is obviously gone now(karlson and PK) so there's absolutely no reason Carly shouldn't be in contention for it. It's made a few mistakes but realistically he's played lights out this year as a whole. Not sure I'd it's TR's coaching or Orpik as his partner or even a combination of both but whatever it is we're seeing a top five all around NHL defender blossoming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad