Post-Game Talk: Caps Vs. Leafs

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Their coaching change is not enough of an excuse to lose this game. Leafs are right behind Caps in the standings and this is first game of another back-to-back scenario. Caps since start of the December have been one of the best teams in the NHL, and Leafs have been one of the worst teams recently (3-7-0).

5-2 Caps.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Very hard game to predict. The whole world is piling-on the Kessel-hate-wagon so Toronto - may....may - have a "let's show'em all" game.

Very hard game to predict. Caps should win easily against a wounded Toronto team that's in a death spiral. Caps need to take control early......

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
is the op a leafs fan ? what happened to this place... enemy poster start gdts

Vladiator16*

interesting timing

Yeah... watch out for Phil the thrill tonight, well, the whole team seems to be in a bad place at the moment, expecting them to be like junk yard dogs, but i think we owe them for the last game... should be a good one.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Idiots 4
Phil and the Leafs 2

I want to see some Leaf sweaters on the ice tonight!

Last edited:

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Toronto players must feel like the walls are closing in on them. The fans have turned on them. The coach is fired. The press is relentless.They could channel all that energy against the Caps.

The may come out of the gate like wild animals.

...or....

we may see "I'm still sucking my thumb in anger Kessel"...

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'd put good money that whoever scores first in this one wins the game. I realize that holds true in most NHL games but I especially think it applies tonight. The Caps are going to get the Leafs best shot this evening. Weather the storm, score first and they could be deflated. Give up the first goal and it may snowball. Either way, I wouldn't read too much into this game. Hopefully the Caps have enough left in the tank for tomorrow.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Planning to stay up tonight to see this one, giving me just 3 or so hours of sleep tonight ugh. Better be a good game

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Leafs are a mess right now so lets get out tonight with 2 points and keep on rolling

I'm not sure it's a coincidence the firing of the coach came right before they played us, we are basically neck and neck in the standings. Usually charges a team up when some change is made and gets them going again. This is another huge win for us.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Niskanen expects the Leafs to be fired up. Says they'll want to prove it was the coach and not them.

He also says he doesn't know yet whether he's playing tonight.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
tumblr_mrj06oMs1W1rqv9lro1_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad