Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Hawks 8pm ET Dec 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I’m annoyed we lost, and disappointed in our PK and to some extent Sammy (5 goals on 28 shots). But the truth is, scoring with 3 seconds left was a miracle and then not having goal waved off for offside was a miracle on top of that. So i’ll take the standings point and the Ovie goal and assist. Not the worst road result. My mood would improve still further if somehow Yotes preserve their lead and beat Rags tonight. Would be unexpected and awesome
All of this.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The numbers looked solid for Backstrom, but man was his skating looking rough. I hope it was just him being overprotective and not a matter of his hip being shot.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Waiting on yahoo to update leading scorer stat lol.
upload_2021-12-15_23-35-25.png

Looks beautiful!

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
What did he say
He was talking about Chicago’s fast puck movement and players not standing still but rather moving around. Said their PP is creative. He said if the Caps employed this strategy OV would have a bunch more PP goals already.

Reactions: PlushMinus

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Sammy still only allowed one 5 on 5 goal. Still it was a bad game for him

The 2nd Hawks goal, he should have squeezed. On the 3rd Hawks goal his angle was off with traffic right by his feet. The Hawks 4th goal never should have happened as Eller was tripped and no call. With that said Sammy was just a smidge off on that goal. Overall his sharpness on playing angles was not his best tonight.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
For some reason OT has gotten less exciting as the years have gone by. More and more teams entering zone and then retreating back to neutral. Strategy around league has gotten more conservative, seems like. First couple seasons it was firewagon hockey. One 2-on-1 after another

I remember an Avs/Flyers game in OT and my forehead being sweaty afterwards. Caps weren't even involved. :laugh:
I miss those days honestly.

Reactions: troyerlaw

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Protas with only 8min TOI. I thought he had a good game too.

McMichael with 10, who also looked good to me.

Btw, Eller looked great last night.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Funny that on a tying last seconds goal, players went to celebrate with Ovy instead of Sheary=)) Like it's Ovy who scored that goal.

The players didnt see Sheary shoot it. They saw Ov with the puck and then Ov jumping 3ft in the air. They assumed he scored it til he told them otherwise

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sammy wasn't great but I didn't think he was terrible. The problem in this game was defensive lapses and penalties.

Would this really be the consensus opinion of this board if Vitek had given up 5 goals in 28 shots? One of the goals he was literally pushing an opposing player rather than playing the puck. I am skeptical.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Sammy had a rough night and so did the defense, especially Carlson.

I can't believe they lost twice to this 'hawks team who look utter garbage. :laugh:

Whoever is in charge of the PK should walk home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad