Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Hawks 8pm ET Dec 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
We need to give a little payback after they beat us last week at CapOne! LFG!

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

From time to time we discuss the Caps PP woes on this board, and lots of people have lots of ideas about schemes, coaches, movement, where Ovi should be... yada yada yada.

I've said before and will repeat, there is nothing wrong with the Caps PP apart from effort and effort is pretty much all they need to fix it. When this PP stinks its because they are standing around, not moving their f***ing feet, and being lackadaisical with the puck, losing board battles and turning it over at the blue line. All that stuff, when they are working hard, magically disappears. I see people wanting to fire the slingshot into the sun, but almost all teams employ the slingshot at some point including successful PP teams. Forsythe has coached the #1 PP or top 5 PP's several times in the past. He's not all of a sudden the problem here.

The problem is simple: More your f***ing feet guys!

Everything will be fine when they do that. Oh and Backie will help, as long as he moves his feet also!

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
From time to time we discuss the Caps PP woes on this board, and lots of people have lots of ideas about schemes, coaches, movement, where Ovi should be... yada yada yada.

I've said before and will repeat, there is nothing wrong with the Caps PP apart from effort and effort is pretty much all they need to fix it. When this PP stinks its because they are standing around, not moving their f***ing feet, and being lackadaisical with the puck, losing board battles and turning it over at the blue line. All that stuff, when they are working hard, magically disappears. I see people wanting to fire the slingshot into the sun, but almost all teams employ the slingshot at some point including successful PP teams. Forsythe has coached the #1 PP or top 5 PP's several times in the past. He's not all of a sudden the problem here.

The problem is simple: More your f***ing feet guys!

Everything will be fine when they do that. Oh and Backie will help, as long as he moves his feet also!
I'm very neutral, maybe even pro Forsythe and slingshot but even I'll say they need a new wrinkle to spark that engagement because right now they don't know what's going on. Maybe Backstrom is it, I've also mentioned that he's a wizard on the PP and is a big reason why that "whole league knows it's coming and can't stop it" thing exists but while he was out, they needed to do a new thing.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Good lord. Kuzy out again. How does three times happen? Hopefully the test was just inconclusive but that still requires going into protocol.

Reactions: shtorm2005

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I guess the question is now, with Kuzy out, do you put Backstrom on the first line as center? Or do you still play him on second line to limit his minutes? Maybe Eller moves up to first line center as he has been playing better and scoring. Third option would be Protas at Center with Ovi and maybe Sprong. And Leason will now draw back in. Lots to think about but guess we won’t know until about 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad