Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
turrible-charles-barkley.gif

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
A lot of other people had bad games but I don’t understand what Justin Schultz brings to the table. He’s the rare high-risk/low-reward defenseman. He doesn’t contribute offensively yet gets burned repeatedly with ill-timed pinches, as happened again tonight.

I don’t know, for a team that seems to be going all-in on team defense they really don’t seem to have the personnel to pull it off.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
So we played 7 D and 11 F and did not play Irwin. Someone explain why 7 D and then not use Irwin and leaving the Caps 1 forward short?

This happened a few times last year too. The thinking is they don’t want to mess with rotating D-pairs so one guy just sits on the bench and only comes in for injury or whatever

Frankly it’s stupid to me, but that’s the thinking.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Hopefully the return of Dowd, Oshie and TvR will get them looking like a team again. Lavi just constantly juggling these lines is producing nonsense.

And maybe the team was disappointed in BMac not helping them after their hard won success the past couple weeks and threw a tantrum (half kidding?)

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
This happened a few times last year too. The thinking is they don’t want to mess with rotating D-pairs so one guy just sits on the bench and only comes in for injury or whatever

Frankly it’s stupid to me, but that’s the thinking.
They should have dressed him in a cheerleader uniform instead of hockey gear. I have never understood when any team does this unless it is very unusual circumstances. Maybe one of our defensemen was questionable with some type of injury and not sure if he would last the game. Lavi makes some questionable personnel decisions every so often

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
They should have dressed him in a cheerleader uniform instead of hockey gear. I have never understood when any team does this unless it is very unusual circumstances. Maybe one of our defensemen was questionable with some type of injury and not sure if he would last the game. Lavi makes some questionable personnel decisions every so often
They only did it because they have no other players available. Of course I’d prefer to just bump one up to a wing or maybe give Kempny a few shifts off…

Reactions: Capitals40

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
this team was playing pretty good hockey when everyone was healthy. So I am hoping that is part of the issues these past couple of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad