Post-Game Talk: Caps v Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Just wanna throw this out there guys...

The system was amazing tonight, he stopped all the shots because the system worked to perfection. TRUST THE SYSTEM.

(holtby is ****ing god mode right now, where's the trade holtby people at?)

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Man, I will be in DC when that happens. That's one of those things I cannot miss.

I'm 31 now...window on this team has another handful of years I think despite people thinking this is the end of the window...Bura and Kuzy and Vrana can help continue this window on(supremely talented players still learning their way) with older core players still in place.

However if we don't find a way to get it done in the Ovi/Backs era...I fear I might be super older and unable to drink the 10 thousands beers I'll need to drink to celebrate a cup win. I hope it happens in my 30s!

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
What a game. WHAT A GAME.
:handclap:

Beagle so close to the hatty. Wilson with 3 points tonight:handclap:

I was shocked by the fact that they cancelled the goal.

PS: In 122:20 minutes of play against Chicago this year, Caps had 0 power plays:sarcasm:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Impressive play on display!

Liked Schmidt getting to the offense on any flank tonight. Like a train with the power. Overall, we have 3 dmen being better than last season so far. So far so good.

The most interesting thing - the passing. This is crazy. Reminds me of the Fedorov era goal against Columbus (AFAIR) when we witnessed plays like all five guys making a nice passing with Fleischmann (?) scoring into the empty net in the end. You know what I mean (19 and 28 having assists on that goal I think).

Anyway. One should be blind to not see the difference in passing. I guess maybe E4K is voodoo master and he made them better while watching the practice at Kettler. I mean, timing seems good for this theory. E4K gets to DC, they start to play dominantly.

This team is good at the moment. Means nothing yet. But it's a pleasure to watch. I think I will start to do it live once there is 6 hours difference again (in March).

PS: No miracle goals too. Things are being done with good work volume and teamplay.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Willy with his first multi point game since the.... wait for it.... blizzard. Coincidence.... nope. Like I said, it goes without saying this system fits him much better. He can be a force going to the net, and simply is not going to score doing the Trotz 2Step beneath the goal line.

He is not alone. Even Beagle while great on the boards, does not need to physically wear down DM first to eek out a goal. Schmiddy is a scoring machine out of no where. Instead of watching forwards cycle down low hoping for a puck to dribble up the boards, he is now actually involved in offense from entry. Everyone is trying to score on the rush. The players are motivated. Points = $. Instead of a pass to no one/dump, we are passing to each other. Finally.

Perhaps this serves as a reminder that kids are only graded in the system they are asked to play. The grind system doesn't develop many kids games IMO.

We need a proper name for this offense.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I also like how smart they're playing in the offensive zone. The defensemen seem to have been given the full green light to get involved in the play. I think I've seen Alzner below the hashmarks in the offensive zone more this year than all the rest of his career combined. Even with the defensemen constantly pinching and getting involved in the weave drill, they're not really surrendering too many odd man breaks against. Forwards are covering for the D and they're clicking on all cylinders right now. Fun to watch.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Impressive play on display!

Liked Schmidt getting to the offense on any flank tonight. Like a train with the power. Overall, we have 3 dmen being better than last season so far. So far so good.

The most interesting thing - the passing. This is crazy. Reminds me of the Fedorov era goal against Columbus (AFAIR) when we witnessed plays like all five guys making a nice passing with Fleischmann (?) scoring into the empty net in the end. You know what I mean (19 and 28 having assists on that goal I think).

Anyway. One should be blind to not see the difference in passing. I guess maybe E4K is voodoo master and he made them better while watching the practice at Kettler. I mean, timing seems good for this theory. E4K gets to DC, they start to play dominantly.

This team is good at the moment. Means nothing yet. But it's a pleasure to watch. I think I will start to do it live once there is 6 hours difference again (in March).

PS: No miracle goals too. Things are being done with good work volume and teamplay.

That's all the stuff I've seen in practice. People were down on the team at that time and I promised everyone that the team was turning a corner.

As for the voodoo stuff, in case we run out of magic at the beginning of the playoffs, I'm going back to DC to watch a playoff game, so I'll go to Kettler to reload the magic ;)

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Hopefully we get a tired, demoralized Flyers team tommorow. They just got waxed by Boston 6-3.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Hopefully we get a tired, demoralized Flyers team tommorow. They just got waxed by Boston 6-3.

That flyers team is a dumpster fire right now. They will be passed by both Carolina and Toronto in the near future. I just hope we don't take the night off. Do you play Grubs, or do you stick with the hot hand?

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I hate this logic, even more so from Grant. Grant was just impossible to deal with when he was covering the Skins during the end of the Griffin era and even now all he does is (mod) no matter what.

Just can't take him seriously.

Him and Chris Russell are two of the worst sports reporters in town. I find both of them extremely difficult to listen to.

Last edited:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Just wanna throw this out there guys...

The system was amazing tonight, he stopped all the shots because the system worked to perfection. TRUST THE SYSTEM.

(holtby is ****ing god mode right now, where's the trade holtby people at?)

Sell high! Haha.

At your service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad