Post-Game Talk: Caps v Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
So was Carlson injured blocking the shot or did he re-injure his ankle from last year. He has not been the same since injuring his ankle last season imo...I think it still bothers him. I have not watched many games this season for the 1st time in many years (usually watch every game but watch highlights and quite a few replays) so sorry for the ignorance.

Jun 15, 2007
I think Carlson just isn't that good.

Decision making and skating hold him back from being a number one defenseman.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Right now, Niskanen is a better 2-way defenseman than Carlson is. Carlson is better on the powerplay, though.

Carlson is the better offensive player, Niski is the better defensive player. So I guess its how you personally weigh them both. I think Carlson is better overall. But its close so I'm not surprised why some would go with Niskanen.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Carlson is the better offensive player, Niski is the better defensive player. So I guess its how you personally weigh them both. I think Carlson is better overall. But its close so I'm not surprised why some would go with Niskanen.

Niskanen is having his best offensive season since his career year in Pittsburgh. He's currently the Caps blueline leader in both raw even-strength points (14), points/60 (1.29), and shots/60 (5.88). The Caps as a team also attempt more shots and take more shots on goal while Niskanen is on the ice than Carlson. Right now Niskanen is the better even-strength offensive player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad