Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
It seems to be bad over there in the KHL. Supposedly half of Alexeyev's team is out or was out. Which is why Amirov got so much recent playing time and is scoring with it boosting his recent draft stock.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
just wondering, are we gonna do another voting on our top prospects? the list currently is very different from august 2019

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Protas doesnt play again until Wednesday, so hopefully Alexeyev can do something in his games tomorrow and Monday

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Was there a reason why AJF couldn't be loaned to the SHL but Nardella was allowed?

I think its because the SHL doesn't allow for just partial-season transfers and the Caps are expecting AJF back for Hershey at the start of the AHL season.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
I think its because the SHL doesn't allow for just partial-season transfers and the Caps are expecting AJF back for Hershey at the start of the AHL season.
Gotcha, is there an expectation that the AHL will actually be able to play this upcoming season?

Also AJF had two assists in his game today

Last edited:

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Gotcha, is there an expectation that the AHL will actually be able to play this upcoming seasons?

Also AJF had two assists in his game today

At this rate, I have no idea about the AHL. I do think that like its cousin, the flu, if Covid isn't under control by the winter, the situation could get worse when things get cold, immune systems go down, and people are stuck indoors. So the whole thing is unpredictable.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
If the OHL goes ahead with those rules the CHL should allow NHL teams to loan their prospects elsewhere for the season. No-contact is a farce.

I was gonna say the same thing. If they don’t bend on that, I think I’d rather have CMM sit in the press box all year while practicing with the Caps than have him playing no-contact.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
No physical contact league. I can think of a few former Capitals that may have been ahead of these times as their game seemed to embrace a no physical contact league.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
McMichael would be better off playing in, like, Austria than that. Technically NHL teams can still loan OHL players under NHL contract to European leagues anyway if they see fit. They just can't assign them to the AHL unless they've hit the age/season thresholds. One would hope the CHL would make an exception this season if that bastardized version of hockey is all the OHL can pull off. I suspect it's just bluster by the locals but you never know.

On a similar note I'm surprised Has isn't playing in Finland or at least the Czech Republic. He needs to play and no-contact is probably even worse on the development of a defenseman. No forechecking allowed. No dump and chase. Awful.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
McMichael would be better off playing in, like, Austria than that. Technically NHL teams can still loan OHL players under NHL contract to European leagues anyway if they see fit. They just can't assign them to the AHL unless they've hit the age/season thresholds. One would hope the CHL would make an exception this season if that bastardized version of hockey is all the OHL can pull off. I suspect it's just bluster by the locals but you never know.

On a similar note I'm surprised Has isn't playing in Finland or at least the Czech Republic. He needs to play and no-contact is probably even worse on the development of a defenseman. No forechecking allowed. No dump and chase. Awful.
You'd have to get McMichael to buy into going overseas for a year. Hopefully he would, but that's not a small ask for a 20 year old.

Reactions: Rayquaza64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad