Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Lots of guys are being loaned to Europe and roster spots are very competitive. It’s only a short term loan anyway and I’d venture he gets a lot more ice time than he would in the first division
Yeah, also wondered about implications of Covid and players being sent to KHL, SHL, etc. Thank you for the insight!

Reactions: hb12xchamps

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
At this point, getting guaranteed play in any league is preferable to the uncertainty surrounding hockey in North America. I’d honestly be shocked if the AHL ends up playing more than 30 games in its next season.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
With the WJCs to be held in the Edmonton bubble, McMichael might suit up for Team Canada as a prelude to a roster spot battle. Not a bad way to gear up if that's how the timing works out. I'm guessing he won't be loaned to a European club at this point and will instead primarily focus on strength training. Tough to go around nine months without a game at this stage in his career but hopefully he's been using it to pack in two off-season's worth of off-ice work.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
With the WJCs to be held in the Edmonton bubble, McMichael might suit up for Team Canada as a prelude to a roster spot battle. Not a bad way to gear up if that's how the timing works out. I'm guessing he won't be loaned to a European club at this point and will instead primarily focus on strength training. Tough to go around nine months without a game at this stage in his career but hopefully he's been using it to pack in two off-season's worth of off-ice work.
Id hope we could get him some ice time in one of the lesser leagues but i guess that seems unlikely now

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The OHL is still aiming for a Dec 1 start to the season, so I anticipate McMichael will simply be playing with London again this year.
OHL announces key dates for COVID-19 delayed 2020-21 season - Sportsnet.ca

dave_no

Mar 27, 2006
any new information on samsonov's injury? I'm a little afraid of the consequences for the future

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Nardella loaned out to Djurgardens IF of the Swedish Hockey League for the whole season - am I wrong to be surprised he isn't getting a bit of a look at the opening night roster? His top line AHL numbers were impressive, is he still super raw?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It should load but it's about a COVID outbreak on the team and the team still playing through it today. "Only in KHL - a group of Dinamo Minsk players/staff have tested positive for Covid-19. There's an hour and 30 minutes until puck drop between Riga and Minsk. As of right now - there are no indications that the game wouldn't be played."

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad