Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread - 2024

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Leonard following Gautier’s path of forcing a trade is what worries me.
OK, but why? I don't know why Gauthier wanted to be traded but the Caps aren't the Flyers. Philly has been a mess for years. They've won all of 1 playoff series since 2015. The Caps are a different story. Even this year shows it. He's poised to step into a top-6 role in a winning franchise.

Reactions: Misery74

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
OK, but why? I don't know why Gauthier wanted to be traded but the Caps aren't the Flyers. Philly has been a mess for years. They've won all of 1 playoff series since 2015. The Caps are a different story. Even this year shows it. He's poised to step into a top-6 role in a winning franchise.
I don't think it is 100% known but here is potential something:

Gauthier told me last February that he viewed himself as a Center. There is obviously a disconnect with how Gauthier and the Flyers organization view him, or how he would have been utilized in the future. Gauthier also did not partake in Developmental Camp, so now everyone can connect the dots as to why. There are rumors surfacing that Gauthier did not want to play for John Tortorella. However, maybe, just maybe he wanted to sign at the end of last season, to which the Flyers asked him to go back to school for another year. Maybe that turned him to have a black eye on the organization, and that would fit given the timeline of events, at least according to Briere.

Gauthier played RW from my recollection at BC so who knows.

Reactions: Calicaps

Lou Sassole

Oct 15, 2020
Leonard following Gautier’s path of forcing a trade is what worries me.
Gauthier wanted to turn pro last year, and the flyers said no, which pissed him off. Along with Philly's general dysfunction at the time. The Caps have done nothing but be supportive to the kid and let him make the call. Don't see him turning heel on us.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Well, now we know. I was happy either way but certainly biased towards him coming to Caps.

No way you can compare Gauthier situation to Leonard signing in Washington. There seems to be plenty of mutual respect and Caps are known to be a class organization. Philly… not so much.

Reactions: usiel and Calicaps

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I understand it but I don’t like it. I don’t think he will gain much development wise going back to college.
I don’t know that it is development as much as he wants to win a national championship and a Bean pot. he is a competitor. He still has head-room to develop. Leadership skills front and center. He could win a hobey baker. And of course there is always development with winning.

Reactions: alphabetical

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I don’t know that it is development as much as he wants to win a national championship and a Bean pot. he is a competitor. He still has head-room to develop. Leadership skills front and center. He could win a hobey baker. And of course there is always development with winning.
I doubt development was his primary objective here, but it’s mine. That’s why I said I understand but I don’t like it.

Reactions: DWGie26

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Gauthier played RW from my recollection at BC so who knows.
He played center in every game of his BC career.

Click on the "Stats" tab here and look at his faceoff numbers:

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO

Lots of plays I forgot about or hadn't seen throughout the long season, puts it into perspective just how good he is.

There's a certain shiftiness that you don't really see with guys his size & with the physicality he plays with.

Reactions: usiel

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I'll be interested to see if Cristall joins Hershey to at least hang out link Suzdalev did last year.
yeah, I’d like to see him get a PTO for Hershey. Same with Funk when his season finishes. I gotta think both of them add more value than the O’Neils of the world as depth pieces. Hyland didn’t make the cut so he clearly has some development to do. Big body like Funk could be nice in later rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad