7. Zac Funk, undrafted, RW/LW, Prince George
  8. Alexander Suzdalev, #70 2022, LW, Saskatoon
  9. Hardy Haman Aktell, #108 2016 (Nash), D, Hershey
  10. Bogdan Trineyev, #117 2020, LW, Hershey

Last edited:
Reactions: IafrateOvie34

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
All, I'll add a poll but first I wondered do we consider all of Lappy, Miro, Protas, CMM, and AA graduated? I think we do, but let me know if you disagree.
I'd have called everyone but Miro "graduated". Where they land... who knows, but certainly graduated to the big leagues.

Miro's still got a little leash if you were asking me to define it, but if he "graduated" by the same metric I'd be fine with that too, makes the team look better I guess? Not like it changes anything about what he needs to do.

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
I would be inclined to follow a version of the criteria that Scott Wheeler uses:
  1. Be under 23 years old. We know that by the time a player turns 23, he is largely done with the steep upward progression we see in prospects and will begin to plateau.
  2. Not be a full-time NHL player. This is the arbitrary section of the criteria. Here, I trust my judgment for whether or not a rostered NHL player is still likely to bounce between levels more than I trust any pre-determined games played cutoff. Preference for inclusion as an NHL prospect is more likely to be given to teenagers than 22-year-olds.
  3. Either be signed to an NHL contract or selected in the entry draft, without the expiration of either of those rights. Players who are signed to AHL contracts are not considered.
To be eligible for inclusion, a goalie must:
  1. Be under 25 years old. This age criteria is more reflective of the typical goalie trajectory, allowing for the continued consideration of a small number of 23- and 24-year-old goalies who are very much still prospects.
  2. Not currently established as one of their NHL club’s two go-to options.
  3. Either be signed to an NHL contract or selected in the entry draft, without the expiration of either of those rights. Goalies who are signed to AHL contracts are not considered.
That standard would put Miro and Lapierre on the fence with McMichael, AA, and Protas all graduated as being 23+. The only downside is that it would push out Stevenson (who is in-between since he's only in his first AHL season but is also 25).

FWIW, I agree with HTFN that Lappy should now be graduated. Miro I would not graduate unless he makes the 24-25 team out of camp.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I would take into account the chances that the player will return to juniors or a minor league for a significant period of time.

I think that leaves only Miro as a prospect from the group currently in the lineup, since there are scenarios where he cooks in Hershey a while longer.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Since this is a new thread here the NCAA Div1 Hockey Bracket (Frozen Four at this point)

2024-Frozen-Four-bracket_0.png

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

2+2 and the first star for Funk in a win last night. PG goes for the sweep tonight.

No points for Cristall in a win. Certainly looks as though Iginla has taken over as Kelowna's top gun.

Reactions: Calicaps

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Poll is up. Think I got everyone but let me know if I forgot somebody.

I picked '98 as the last birth year. So no Snively or Johanson. Miro is still in the list, but Lappy, AA, CMM, Beck, and Protas all considered graduated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kazer

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Voted Leonard.

I went with Cristall last year because his numbers were legitimately better, but Leonard has had a great year and his NHLe is now higher than Cristall's.

Reactions: Calicaps

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Since this is a new thread here the NCAA Div1 Hockey Bracket (Frozen Four at this point)

2024-Frozen-Four-bracket_0.png
I wish my schedule cooperated. I would seriously consider going to MN for this. 4 great teams that all have an interest to me. And some damn good hockey!

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Regular Season WHL stats Funk with 123 (finished 2nd) and Cristall with 111.
Yeah Funk really took a big step this year from being an undrafted guy. Cristall is 1,5 years younger and a better skater and has better hands, but Funk really has a high compete level, a good shot and has better size than Cristall. So he is closing the gap, but of course is still behind Cristall. See Cristall as a top 6 guy and Funk as a middle 6 guy who adds scoring to a third line and can be a good fit as a goalscorer on a 2nd line with some playmakers that drive play.

Hope that both guys make it to the Caps lineup in a year or two. Will be interesting to see them in Hershey next year.

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Suzdalev 1+1

Cristall with should have 3 primary apples as the game goes to OT

(Update: Kelowna loses, on to game 6)

for some reason Price has the primary on the 4th goal, but its pretty clear

Last edited:
Reactions: Marshall

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Suzdalev 1+1

Cristall with should have 3 primary apples as the game goes to OT

(Update: Kelowna loses, on to game 6)

for some reason Price has the primary on the 4th goal, but its pretty clear

Where do you need to be to get Iginla? 8-12? Higher?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad