Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Sugar Canes 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Small sample size, i know, but i liked 13’s puck hounding and possession upon exiting box and joining PK for a few seconds

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
We are either unable or unwilling to match the intensity of this team. It feels like their pressure should be simple to breakdown with quick short passes which should then lead to odd man opportunities but we can’t figure it out.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
How dont you call that obvious interference on Panik but call that bs on Eller??
Wth refs!

Reactions: troyerlaw

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Terrible goalie embellishment call then missed call against Fleury for interference on Panik. Man, the Caps do take some dumb penalties but they also have been getting shafted with some of these calls lately.

ya I’m not a fan of calling those interference calls but that was a pretty easy call on Fleury after they called Eller for interference already

Reactions: Pomee

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
the canes shooting from every angle again... if the caps cant match that with zone entries or offensive zone time they should just shot low quality shots and force their chances that way.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Caps can’t win battles. Won and done. They might get 2-3 sustained ozone possession a game over the last month. Running around in Dzone with no structure.

Need to find out soon if this is a sleep walking stage of season (which is fine) or if they just aren’t good despite their record

Reactions: Firsov99 and Pomee

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Terrible goalie embellishment call then missed call against Fleury for interference on Panik. Man, the Caps do take some dumb penalties but they also have been getting shafted with some of these calls lately.
NHL refs making calls based on rep and not what is actually happening in front of them? No...

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I have it on good sources that Reirden tells the Caps players "don't take stupid penalties" and then Cashman goes behind his back and tells them "go ahead and take as many stupid penalties as you want".

So yeah, its definitely Cashman's fault.
Is this because you are incapable of seeing other ways coaching plays a part? Like practicing flipping pucks.

Jun 15, 2007
Well that looked awkward from Samsonov.

Looked like he was trying to headbutt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad