Post-Game Talk: Caps stumble but then bully their way to a 5-4 OTW over the Cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Wow!

"The visiting locker room is the best thing about going to Edmonton."

"Winnipeg. It's always cold. Tough rink to play in. It's just dirty -- you walk around the city and feel like you need to wash your face after you go outside. So nothing about it is very exciting."

That is what I felt like when I went to Larnaca, Cyprus.

Those are some serious body shots. I could care less if opposing players do not like the visitors locker room. Its not suppose to be nice.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Wow!

"The visiting locker room is the best thing about going to Edmonton."

"Winnipeg. It's always cold. Tough rink to play in. It's just dirty -- you walk around the city and feel like you need to wash your face after you go outside. So nothing about it is very exciting."

I have never been to Winnipeg, but I've spoken to people who have been there. Never heard that it was particularly dirty. I find it hard as heck to believe that it's dirtier than New York City. Just being honest here, that reeks of B.S.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I have never been to Winnipeg, but I've spoken to people who have been there. Never heard that it was particularly dirty. I find it hard as heck to believe that it's dirtier than New York City. Just being honest here, that reeks of B.S.

I've been multiple times and can confirm it is not a fun destination. Downtown around MTS is basically homeless people and that's it. It's not dirtier than NYC, but it would be like NYC without any of the glamour or fun things to do... Almost all people who work downtown there stay in the underground tunnel network which is admittedly kind of cool, but they avoid the streets.

I was in line to board a plane to Winnipeg once. Flight was delayed and the lady in front of me joked that it's ok because nobody wants to go there anyways. She also said it's ok for her to say that because she's from there... Another time, it was late. Taxi guy told me not to walk outside, too many murders, he was being dead serious. Most people I know from there live in the burbs.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I've been multiple times and can confirm it is not a fun destination. Downtown around MTS is basically homeless people and that's it. It's not dirtier than NYC, but it would be like NYC without any of the glamour or fun things to do... Almost all people who work downtown there stay in the underground tunnel network which is admittedly kind of cool, but they avoid the streets.

I was in line to board a plane to Winnipeg once. Flight was delayed and the lady in front of me joked that it's ok because nobody wants to go there anyways. She also said it's ok for her to say that because she's from there... Another time, it was late. Taxi guy told me not to walk outside, too many murders, he was being dead serious. Most people I know from there live in the burbs.

Pretty positive it is the murder capital of Canada.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
When Matheson comes back, Stillman will sit probably. If Stillman had been playing well with more time in, I would probably preferred them to sit Brown instead. Although it gets a little tricky with the pairings. Brown is good with Yandle because Brown doesn't need the puck as much. Everyone else I'm not comfortable putting with Yandle.
Defenitely don't like lefty-lefty pairings. Don't like righty-righty pairing that much either but Weegar's making it work. If Stillman was in over Brown, I wouldn't mind trying him with Ekblad. But then that leaves Weegar with Yandle for me. And again, I would prefer not to have Weegar with Yandle, but I would go with it.

At this point you have to think what makes the most sense is

Weegar - Ekblad
Matheson - Stralman
Yandle - Brown

Keep Stillman as the 1st callup but keep him playing games in the minors, he's the youngest guy with the most to gain from that.

CyBorg24

Apr 3, 2019
Welp, if Acciari is out his game will be tough to replace. If Trocheck is still out too then this will be tough. Guys have to step up

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club

I mean Vancouver is one of my favorite cities and there’s literally blocks and blocks of people just laying in both sides of the street would be scary for anyone tourist to just walk down. Also by Gastown it’s nasty with homeless and junkies everywhere. I once took the stairs and exit out of the library and dude shooting up right there...I’m from Miami I’ve seen my fair share of shi but dang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad