GDT: Caps @ Sharks - 7:30 PM

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm normally right there with you but you lost me with this... They fined him for elbowing because they're admitting it wasn't elbowing?:huh: Can't we just call them idiots for not being able to tell an elbow from a glove? It's like they don't know their own ass from a hole in the ground.:laugh:

I mean you can but I don't think it would be correct. Like I said, if they thought it was truly elbowing, they wouldn't just levy a fine against Kane. I mean, he has a history, he is not well-liked, and they've never shown an issue with suspending him. They wanted to send a message that the head contact was too much but they didn't think it rose to the level of suspension. This was the easy way out on that. You knew they weren't going to rescind the major for Kane. They're not giving him the benefit of the doubt but they're not going to let an obvious non-elbow go through the entire hearing process because they know it's ridiculous to assess that. I'm sure even Bettman as an easy league arbiter would've overturned that nonsense.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I mean you can but I don't think it would be correct. Like I said, if they thought it was truly elbowing, they wouldn't just levy a fine against Kane. I mean, he has a history, he is not well-liked, and they've never shown an issue with suspending him. They wanted to send a message that the head contact was too much but they didn't think it rose to the level of suspension. This was the easy way out on that. You knew they weren't going to rescind the major for Kane. They're not giving him the benefit of the doubt but they're not going to let an obvious non-elbow go through the entire hearing process because they know it's ridiculous to assess that. I'm sure even Bettman as an easy league arbiter would've overturned that nonsense.

They still went through the process of giving him something. He still got a fine. That's kinda scary that the league can just say "Yea, even though you didn't technically do this thing that we called you for, we can still punish you for that thing, even though it was something completely different". It reminds me of 2013 when Torres got suspended - "We're gonna give you an indefinite suspension even though the rules don't say that what you did was even worth a suspension."

This league is such a joke when it comes to enforcing its rules, especially when they try to make an example of someone, because it's always in an awkward and bafflingly stupid way.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They still went through the process of giving him something. He still got a fine. That's kinda scary that the league can just say "Yea, even though you didn't technically do this thing that we called you for, we can still punish you for that thing, even though it was something completely different". It reminds me of 2013 when Torres got suspended - "We're gonna give you an indefinite suspension even though the rules don't say that what you did was even worth a suspension."

This league is such a joke when it comes to enforcing its rules, especially when they try to make an example of someone, because it's always in an awkward and bafflingly stupid way.

Yeah, the Torres thing is one of certainly many that you can point to where they sort of make it up as they go along to suit their purposes. That's the only reason why I think what I think regarding this situation. They have a history of massaging things for this sort of purpose.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00