Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Sens | 4/4/15 | 7:00 ET | Caps Lose 4-3 (OT)

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Awful decision by Green to drop that back but Carlson shouldn't have stepped into it. He should have backed off. Equal blame.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Carlson has had way too many mistakes lately. It was only a matter of time before that happened and it was that costly.

Glad we got a point, but that was a terrible way to end the game tonight...

That was on your messiah Green.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
Ah well one point. Caps are resilient to go from 3-0 to 3-3. Green is one guy I don't want to see on this team next season.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Are backhand shots forbidden in the NHL? Watching the Caps I would think so.

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
Carlson was backing off, green should never of done that, he left Carlson in a terrible spot

I agree that it was a risky and aggressive play, but the Senators were all in their heels and ripe for that sort of move. Carlson just doesn't have much confidence right now.

It could've worked, instead it ended up disastrous because Carlson wasnt skating with a killer instinct.

Happy with the point overall

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Oh well. Lets take that point and go with it. One of the hottest teams in the nhl on the road, down by three early and get a point? Be happy and move on :)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Are backhand shots forbidden in the NHL? Watching the Caps I would think so.

This right here. Mentioned it earlier in the year. They will circle around to get off a forehand shot and loose the shooting lane rather than take a backhander. When you're a team that goes to the net, SHOOT THOSE and let someone get the rebound.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Green was in great position to shoot, albeit the BH. How is Carlson to know he is going to by pass shooting that low, and pull the Joe Hanson drop deep in the slot. Carlson was caught in no mans land and I don't blame him. He and Green have no reps together. Like at all.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Ah well one point. Caps are resilient to go from 3-0 to 3-3. Green is one guy I don't want to see on this team next season.

Yeah, if there's ONE guy you'd pick not to be on the team, it'd be our best defender over the past couple weeks against during our toughest stretch of the season.

Not Laich, not Chimera.. No, no, no... Green is the problem?

It was a risky play. I went back and watched it. 4v4 those are okay plays to make. Green made a pass to a MUCH higher shooting percentage (Center ice is insanely higher percentage) and it backfired.

In OT those are plays that are okay to make. We've been really good 4v4.

I don't think Carlson/Green should ever be out there together though in OT. No need. With open ice they should be on different lines. I'd rather have Carlson/Orpik and Green/Gleason out there then a Orpik/Gleasn and Green/Carlson line.

Whatever though. However the OT ended we were going to be in 3rd place regardless sicne Islanders won in regulation. Overall not so bad. Getting a point on the road VS a team playing this game like it was a playoff game is going to help us in the long run. Heck, maybe this loss and they realize they can't have starts like they did tonight will end up being more good than getting the 2 points and the Caps just thinking they're good enough to come back after being MIA for half a period...

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Thank **** they got that point tho...seriously don't think my heart can take it and the 'loffs haven't even started yet.

Three big games to end it what's our magic number?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
****** way to lose, but happy we came back to get a point.

Bingo. Tough ending, but gritty comeback, esp. against a hot goalie.

That's one standing point i did not expect to pick up. Not after going down 0-3 so quickly.

I liked the body language of our players tonight. Backstrom was ornery and chippy and just generally into it. Also, he made a great dish on Green's goal.

When does Beagle return?

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
What a night. I went from shaking my head in the first to being glad for a point. Brouwer stepping it up.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
I just went and re-watched it... the pass was to Carlson. An NHL player should be able to handle that pass.

Regardless... Green/Carlson should not be out together in a tie game.

Lol an NHL player should handle that pass...it left him in no man's land and he was the last guy back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad