GDT: Caps @ Sabres Mar 30th 7pm

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
And how much longer is Ribeiro at Ribeiros level? Maybe 2 more seasons? You think this team can actually do damage in either of those 2 seasons?

He is 33 yrs old and is a finesse, not speed, player. Those guys can play at a high level much longer.

No one seemed to have a problem with Feds at age 40.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
tumblr_mki5aoPmJs1re5a0ro1_400.gif

That rules...

Vladiator16*

This team will do some damage in the playoffs.:yo:

I like you enthusiasm, but if we get 8th our chances are slim to none, we need 3rd. Which we are not that far out off...
Also, to me, possibility of being swept by the Pens is still better then missing PO all together. Call it mediocrity or whatever you want, i call it pride.

Keep winning! Make some of us happy!

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Yes. This is why Edmonton is favorite to win the Cup this year. The three straight first-overalls transformed them overnight.

Never ever tank. It would be lame even if it were reliably effective. It's not reliably effective.

Uh. Pittsburgh or Chicago ring a bell? The tank helped their Cup chances a bit, no?

In fact, since the lockout, Detroit and Anaheim are the only teams that won a Cup without a guy on the roster drafted in the top 2 by the organization.

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
Uh. Pittsburgh or Chicago ring a bell? The tank helped their Cup chances a bit, no?

In fact, since the lockout, Detroit and Anaheim are the only teams that won a Cup without a guy on the roster drafted in the top 2 by the organization.

Boston had Seguin. He was scratched a lot in the playoffs. You can't count them.

mdurbin1234

Nov 6, 2012
Seriously, Once Ovi, Backstrom and Ribs begin to fall out of their prime you'll be *****ing about how we need to trade them all and rebuild and how Kuznetzov isn't giving any effort and Forsberg is a scrub and Wilson isn't being physical enough and we just need to tank forever cause we have no chance at anything.

Enjoy rooting against your team. I'll root for my team. Mediocrity is a MINDSET. And when you want anything other than a win, you become mediocre. I, for one, don't want this team to become stuck in mediocrity. Truth is, ANYTHING is possible. It really is.

Being a pissy Peggy won't do anything except piss yourself off. Root for the team
you have and be greatful that we aren't the team we just played.

We have young talent coming in soon (Forsberg, Kuz, Wilson), along with free agency, and trades to improve this team. Along with the existing talent that we have. We have a shot at the cup for years to come.

Our record truely is a product of the first 10-20 games in a new system with no practice. Not to mention, 3 coaches (and systems) in 2 years. That adds up. we need STABILITY. and we need to build on what we have. The future is NOW.

Ovi is back. The PP is back. Having a number 2 center is back. And soon we'll be back in the playoffs. If you're too pissy to enjoy it, then piss off.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Hey guys, great game tonight - really back and forth.

Perreault is freaking hilarious. I am so happy I watched your guys feed :laugh:.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
Seriously, Once Ovi, Backstrom and Ribs begin to fall out of their prime you'll be *****ing about how we need to trade them all and rebuild and how Kuznetzov isn't giving any effort and Forsberg is a scrub and Wilson isn't being physical enough and we just need to tank forever cause we have no chance at anything.

Enjoy rooting against your team. I'll root for my team. Mediocrity is a MINDSET. And when you want anything other than a win, you become mediocre. I, for one, don't want this team to become stuck in mediocrity. Truth is, ANYTHING is possible. It really is.

Being a pissy Peggy won't do anything except piss yourself off. Root for the team
you have and be greatful that we aren't the team we just played.

We have young talent coming in soon (Forsberg, Kuz, Wilson), along with free agency, and trades to improve this team. Along with the existing talent that we have. We have a shot at the cup for years to come.

Our record truely is a product of the first 10-20 games in a new system with no practice. Not to mention, 3 coaches (and systems) in 2 years. That adds up. we need STABILITY. and we need to build on what we have. The future is NOW.

Ovi is back. The PP is back. Having a number 2 center is back. And soon we'll be back in the playoffs. If you're too pissy to enjoy it, then piss off.
Hi Ted.

leova

Feb 28, 2008
love the ending of this game.

perreault's ultra-gif-worthy freakout and hendricks' sick shootout moves, oh yeah!

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
So it's mediocre unless you win the Cup every year? Pittsburgh must be sooo mediocre, they have worse PO record than we do over the last 3 years. Those idiots should be tanking for some pick.

You tankers just root for a non-stop rebuild, which never lead you anywhere. There's a fancy prospect every year that can potentially improve the team or be a bust, and you're talking like some guy who you want to be a #2C will be the saviour :shakehead
You don't "tank this year" with a core like ours - young and strong. You either try to win, addressing holes in the lineup and team philosophy, or you blow the team up and live in the basement for several seasons, trying to fetch a lot of top picks. Neither of this applies to us.

:nod:

The Pens have 3 Cups the last 25 years. Throw in 5 or so terrible seasons ad there's little mediocrity.

The Caps franchise with their decades on making the playoffs and failing their way to 0 Cups is a model of mediocrity.

Again, I'd much rather have a lottery pick, an extra 1st and good prospect this season than a 4 game sweep or 5 game loss to Pittsburgh.

I've been watching this game a long time and this team does not had it. They aren't hot. Goaltending is mediocre. The defense is bad.

mdurbin1234

Nov 6, 2012
We've won 4 of 5 and are 2 points out of playoff position in the first year of a new system, with a new coach, in a lockout year, without a preseason or a training camp.

But lets tank. And rebuild. and fire everybody. And then when we do that and are losing next year with new management we can blame Oates. Get him fired. And then we can get some new cannon fodder and get mad at him too.

We need several key additions and to lose several crappy players, but its nothing that can't be done while Ovy, Ribs and Backstrom are still playing good hockey, along with our up and coming talent. IMO we can have a chance this year and next, but I see our serious window being in the next 2-5 years.

If you want to tank and rebuild go on NHL 13 and go to franchise mode. Nobody needs ignorant, pissy bafoons babbling about things they can't begin to understand.

I'm hardly a sympathizer. I'm indifferent to Ted and GMGM. I'm a realist. And it's evident that this team has holes, but if you think we need a complete tank and rebuild then plain and simple, you're an idiot.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I'd much rather have a lottery pick, an extra 1st and good prospect this season than a 4 game sweep or 5 game loss to Pittsburgh.

I've been watching this game a long time and this team does not had it. They aren't hot. Goaltending is mediocre. The defense is bad.

If you seriously think that Ribeiro will fetch a 1st and a good prospect, you're crazy. It's an Iginla return, and it's damn obvious nobody will give the same for Mike.

How can you say that goaltending is mediocre while your starting goalie has 50 career games? Not to mention .921 career save percentage and playing behind that bad defense.

So your strategic plan is to get rid of a top2 forward this year for a cat in the hat, knowing it will be a low 1st pick? So our offense can be awful too for several years until that draft picks make for anything decent and Ovechkin is over 30? Good idea.

If the team doesn't have "it", how can losing on purpose help? I sometimes seriously wish NHl had relegation system.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
If you seriously think that Ribeiro will fetch a 1st and a good prospect, you're crazy. It's an Iginla return, and it's damn obvious nobody will give the same for Mike.
Sure Ribeiro would fetch a 1st and good prospect with how inflated the market is. The question is whether he's available.

So your strategic plan is to get rid of a top2 forward this year for a cat in the hat, knowing it will be a low 1st pick? So our offense can be awful too for several years until that draft picks make for anything decent and Ovechkin is over 30? Good idea.
Compared to the organization's stated plan to let Ribeiro walk for nothing and pretend Kuznetzov is a 2C? Yeah, that is so much better.

If the team doesn't have "it", how can losing on purpose help? I sometimes seriously wish NHl had relegation system.
How did you think the Caps landed Ovechkin and Backstrom?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA

How can you say that goaltending is mediocre while your starting goalie has 50 career games? Not to mention .921 career save percentage and playing behind that bad defense.

Don't bother. You are arguing with people who dwell on the negative and would give up MoJo for nothing.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Sure Ribeiro would fetch a 1st and good prospect with how inflated the market is. The question is whether he's available.
No, he won't, unless we have different meaning of a good prospect.
Compared to the organization's stated plan to let Ribeiro walk for nothing and pretend Kuznetzov is a 2C? Yeah, that is so much better.
We'll resign Ribeiro and have several years without that problem.
How did you think the Caps landed Ovechkin and Backstrom?
Having Halpern and Zubrus as top forwards. Talentless team with 10th place as their ceiling can tank, but a President Trophy winning team won't benefit from tanking.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
No, he won't, unless we have different meaning of a good prospect.
Ribeiro got Dallas a 2nd round pick and a good prospect in a market with far less demand and more supply.

We'll resign Ribeiro and have several years without that problem.
There is a reason why the pretend Kuznetsov is a 2C campaign suddenly got started. They are prepared to let Ribeiro walk.

Having Halpern and Zubrus as top forwards. Talentless team with 10th place as their ceiling can tank, but a President Trophy winning team won't benefit from tanking.
Check the standings. They are a lot closer to 10th place than the Presidents Trophy.

Laista

Apr 21, 2012
Gävle
There is a thin thin line of fail and success.
1-2 new players that can komplement at the top 6 and
then you go! Just someone that can take eyes of Ovie and Backs for some shifts. Even if you like it or not, after Mojo returned to the lineup there have been more scoringchanses for great 8! Because Marcus creates chanses on his own and the other team has to take him seriously out there, Ovie gets a breather. One more player that can do this for the team and Caps will get a lot more wins. Oh and a new solid D-Man ( i forgot that sorry!

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
Ribeiro should probably fetch more then Iginla if he were traded now. Iginlas value was diminished by the fact that he would only wave for Pitt (well, 4 teams really but he didn't go to the highest bidder).

I still think he should be resigned though, it's probably to late to tank now any way..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad