msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
tumblr_mki5aoPmJs1re5a0ro1_400.gif

LOL hilarious.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Win or lose they're not a very good team, so it's not unreasonable. I'm surprised people aren't desensitized to it by this point, though.

i am. the anger and whining on these boards have driven me totally away from the game threads in game. post game i laugh at the anger and venom.

so the only satisfaction is from throwing players and coaches and management and ownership under the bus.

is that fun?? you guys enjoy, if spitting makes you feel better i guess.

me? i dont even need to watch anymore. as you say, they suck. win or lose they suck. miss or make the playoffs, they suck. hell...lose or win in the playoffs...they suck. right?

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Finish in 8th and get swept by the Pens? I'd rather they miss the playoffs altogether.

It's either 3rd or miss the playoffs.

We were only going for 8th because of the time it took to get used to the system and the injury situation, when full healthy this team is very good. Would not get swept by the pens, no chance.

Irrelevant anyway because i believe we'll get 3rd anyway

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Finish in 8th and get swept by the Pens? I'd rather they miss the playoffs altogether.

It's either 3rd or miss the playoffs.

last post tonight. same as last season. caps were suppose to get swept by boston. they ended up playing 14 playoff games.

if you are sure they lose a first round series, it almost guarantees they win. just to piss you off.

good night

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
I'm not here to insult fellow fans, but honestly anyone who wishes for there team to lose so they can get a draft pick that might not even pan out is not exactly a fan in my books.

You should want your team to win at all times even in last place, i hate losing more than anything so i can't understand your mentality if that's how you think.

I would rather have the lottery ticket chance of a run at the cup than be sitting at home watching the playoffs without the caps in it.

Rant over.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
We should tank every year for a decade so that every line can be the first line.

Yes. This is why Edmonton is favorite to win the Cup this year. The three straight first-overalls transformed them overnight.

Never ever tank. It would be lame even if it were reliably effective. It's not reliably effective.

mdurbin1234

Nov 6, 2012
I see it as a win-win situation.

If we make the playoffs - yay good job. More hockey.

If we don't - yay, shortened season, decent draft pick.

It's a game. Get it together.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Yes. This is why Edmonton is favorite to win the Cup this year. The three straight first-overalls transformed them overnight.

Never ever tank. It would be lame even if it were reliably effective. It's not reliably effective.

Tanking is more effective than finishing 9th, though. That's where the Caps are pretty much headed. Oh well.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
I'm not here to insult fellow fans, but honestly anyone who wishes for there team to lose so they can get a draft pick that might not even pan out is not exactly a fan in my books.

You should want your team to win at all times even in last place, i hate losing more than anything so i can't understand your mentality if that's how you think.

I would rather have the lottery ticket chance of a run at the cup than be sitting at home watching the playoffs without the caps in it.

Rant over.
Well said. It's a loser mentality.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
All you people screaming tank only do so because you think every player coming out the draft is gonna be a Sid or Ovi. Not gonna happen because they are generational players that don't land at your feet every year, ask Edmonton how far 3 number 1's have got them?

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
All you people screaming tank only do so because you think every player coming out the draft is gonna be a Sid or Ovi. Not gonna happen because they are generational players that don't land at your feet every year, ask Edmonton how far 3 number 1's have got them?

Uh, no. It's because a top 5 pick is much more useful than a pick in the 14-19 range, which is where this team is bound to pick again.

You guys keep using Edmonton as an example... Well...

Anaheim.. Lindholm
New Jersey.. Larsson
Flyers.. JVR
Senators.. Zibanejad
Canadiens.. Galchenyuk
Hell, even Stamkos with the Bolts

All examples of teams that had a bad season and gained a core player out of the top 5 pick that came.

I'd rather have that player than a much worse player that'd we'd get from finishing in 9th place, which is where we're headed. Or maybe we make the playoffs ... And then have a first rounder that's a bit worse.

Hooray. Mediocracy continues

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia

Would you rather have a lottery pick and a 1st and good prospect for Ribeiro or be swept by Pittsburgh?

If you think they're capable of winning anything you're watching another team than I am.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
Would you rather have a lottery pick and a 1st and good prospect for Ribeiro or be swept by Pittsburgh?

If you think they're capable of winning anything you're watching another team than I am.

No man. This team can do it because they beat Boston last season!:laugh:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Not everyone is an unconditional fan. Being one doesn't make you more true or superior, just as the opposite isn't the case.

Mostly it's tongue-in-cheek since we all pretty much know they're just going to spin their wheels. It's what they do.

Having said that the East sucks for the most part and the play of NYR/CAR/WPG make a post-season appearance increasingly possible.

Last edited:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Uh, no. It's because a top 5 pick is much more useful than a pick in the 14-19 range, which is where this team is bound to pick again.
<..>
I'd rather have that player than a much worse player that'd we'd get from finishing in 9th place, which is where we're headed. Or maybe we make the playoffs ... And then have a first rounder that's a bit worse.
Hooray. Mediocracy continues

So it's mediocre unless you win the Cup every year? Pittsburgh must be sooo mediocre, they have worse PO record than we do over the last 3 years. Those idiots should be tanking for some pick.

You tankers just root for a non-stop rebuild, which never lead you anywhere. There's a fancy prospect every year that can potentially improve the team or be a bust, and you're talking like some guy who you want to be a #2C will be the saviour :shakehead
You don't "tank this year" with a core like ours - young and strong. You either try to win, addressing holes in the lineup and team philosophy, or you blow the team up and live in the basement for several seasons, trying to fetch a lot of top picks. Neither of this applies to us.

:nod:

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
People think tanking ends up like the Pens. Sorry, we aren't going to get Malkin and Crosby by being crappy two years in a row.

We are 5 points back from Winnipeg. They have played two more games than us.

How long, if ever, until Mackinnon is at Ribiero's level anyway?

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
It's funny how the "tankers" are the ones seen with the loser mentality, not the ones who are okay with a core that consistently disappoints in the playoffs...

How long, if ever, until Mackinnon is at Ribiero's level anyway?

And how much longer is Ribeiro at Ribeiros level? Maybe 2 more seasons? You think this team can actually do damage in either of those 2 seasons?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
If their so bad, they should lose on their own.

Instead you guys get pissed and come on here and tell us to stop being happy with wins, like it makes any difference. The team is going to try hard.

Hell who knows, Caps maybe get Pulock or Wennberg if they miss the playoffs. Also wouldn't be surprised if some how Nichushkin drops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad