Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2023 Off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I don't mind keeping Mantha until someone else wants him, but he needs to earn his spot on the line-up if he wants to actually play. I'm not a big fan of having kids sit while healthy and it makes very little difference to me if it's Mantha or Aube-Kubel who is on popcorn duty. Just make fair decisions that you can back. If he's training well while someone struggles, it's only fair to give him a shot and see if he has found his motivation. Just don't pencil him on to the line-up for 50+ games just because he has a high salary.
That's something I'm fully fine with. Let's assume we keep him and let him expire and we're just kind of resigned to the fate, that's dead cap whether he steps up or not. If he does, okay, play, but if not it doesn't hurt the Caps to play their best 12 most of the season. Anybody who is scared away from signing with Washington because they're worried they can't do better than Anthony Mantha right now can probably stay scared away.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Is LuJo getting special treatment because Carvery knew him in Hershey? Or does GMBM want to maximise his perceived value in the hope we can get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him?

Pretty confusing, as he’s definitely not better than Fever or TVR and hasn’t done much to impress over AA or HHA?

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe

With Miro presumably sent down and Edmunson and Patch on LTIR, would the remaining 23-man roster be cap compliant?

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Is LuJo getting special treatment because Carvery knew him in Hershey? Or does GMBM want to maximise his perceived value in the hope we can get a 3rd or 4th round pick for him?

Pretty confusing, as he’s definitely not better than Fever or TVR and hasn’t done much to impress over AA or HHA?
It could be. but I also wouldnt read it as a depth chart at this point.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

So yeah, I don't get it. I don't think LuJo showed anything in preseason warranting even the 8th D spot, let alone being playing a potential top 4 role or starting in the 6. HHA and AA both much more valuable, one hope's we aren't sending one of them on waivers.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

So yeah, I don't get it. I don't think LuJo showed anything in preseason warranting even the 8th D spot, let alone being playing a potential top 4 role or starting in the 6. HHA and AA both much more valuable, one hope's we aren't sending one of them on waivers.

wow….uhhh…..

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Good for Lujo.

Maybe he didn't have the best preseason, but he got high marks for that Bears playoff run.

And if he sucks they can send him down. How many times has he cleared waivers now?

Reactions: um

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

Wow, so yeah. I expect HHA to be a permanent move to Hershey (at least in terms of the final roster). Pro and McMichael will no doubt be back up tomorrow.

I really wonder if they're trying to figure something out with Mantha. Carbery's talking about how the roster is different and figuring out cap stuff makes me really think they're trying to unload him at this point.

Last edited:

Monsterrain

Mar 4, 2013
Maryland

Wow, so yeah. I expect HHA to be a permanent move to Hershey (at least in terms of the final roster). Pro and McMichael will no doubt be back up tomorrow.

I really wonder if they're trying to figure something out with Mantha. Carbery's talking about how the roster is different and figuring out cap stuff makes me really think they're trying to unload him at this point.

This is what I initially was hoping for when I saw this.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Oh, I didn't realize. Miro is still on the roster. I do hope they aren't keeping him up here to just ride the bench.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Johansen did have his best game at Columbus and he’s waived eligible so makes sense to keep him for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad