Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2022-23 Season Part 1: Free Agent Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
McMichael 2C until his second shift of game 1 when Lavi benches him moves Strome to 2C and double shifts MoJo as 2LW.

It looks like Lavi is ready to give CMM his shot. It's one day but still. If he shows he belongs there through preseason I'm guessing he gets at least 10 games to stake his claim before Lavi starts panicking.

Reactions: DWGie26

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

The dream is dead.

Edit: just having a little fun. The fact that McMichael started as 2C is a good sign.

Hell yes it is….means they are giving him the opportunity to make his way. It’s up to him to get that money in the bank bag….

Mike Knuble was a great leader.
Up until he told Ovy to start coasting in the regular season…..

Reactions: Calicaps

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I just thinks it is a new season. Things evolve. CMM got some games, experience, growth, coached Up but definitely got treated like a rookie with some bench stappling. for those like me who have followed the caps (and systems) for a long time, this shouldn’t come as a surprise. They are cautious with developement.

What I see here is that CMM at center is being prioritized. We’ll see a lot of different looks through camp/preseason and even during the season. But subtly It already looks like a change in approach.

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad