Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
The only reason 94 was special was because of this team's bad luck/ineptitude in the 5 decades prior.

Which makes it less special when you really think about it.

Winning championships is just the norm for some teams. Unfortunately, ours hasn't been one, thus, the over exploitation of 1994.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
It's not about blame. It's about simply being is what it is.

I have done everything I can to put myself into a 94 Rangers fan's shoes. Aside from building a time machine, which honestly, sometimes feels like fans want to do.

I'm not saying forget the past and lock it up. I'm saying that sometimes we place too large an emphasis on remembering it and get too nostalgic.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
With all due respect, you clearly missed quite a few points completely.

No I didn't you and a bunch of other middle aged people are mad because it is 20 years later. I want to see some more cups. Not the same one over and over again. Grow the **** up.

The fact that we are fighting over what team is better is pathetic. Enjoy this team while it lasts and hope for a damn cup or two. Jesus christ.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
No I didn't you and a bunch of other middle aged people are mad because it is 20 years later. I want to see some more cups. Not the same one over and over again. Grow the **** up.

The fact that we are fighting over what team is better is pathetic. Enjoy this team while it lasts and hope for a damn cup or two. Jesus christ.

Where in the world did you see the premise that we don't want more cups? And where exactly is the fighting over which team is better?

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
The only reason 94 was special was because of this team's bad luck/ineptitude in the 5 decades prior.

Which makes it less special when you really think about it.

Winning championships is just the norm for some teams. Unfortunately, ours hasn't been one, thus, the over exploitation of 1994.

Yes, yes, that's the only reason it was special :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Last edited:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Where in the world did you see the premise that we don't want more cups? And where exactly is the fighting over which team is better?

Well, you and several others are swinging from the sack of the 94 team and pretty much not giving any credit to this team's recent works. STOP the comparing already. Literally try to not want to build a time machine. Once it's 2024 and we have no cups still we enter Isles and ALMOST Flyers territory. But then "LOL WE GOT THAT 1 30 YEARS OR SO AGO"... how's that feel.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I have done everything I can to put myself into a 94 Rangers fan's shoes. Aside from building a time machine, which honestly, sometimes feels like fans want to do.

I'm not saying forget the past and lock it up. I'm saying that sometimes we place too large an emphasis on remembering it and get too nostalgic.

If you know sans a time machine you can't quite experience it to the same magnitude, then why get so up in arms when we simply acknowledge the same?

And don't you realize that if it's not your memory, you're not really in a valid position to judge its worthiness?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
If you know sans a time machine you can't quite experience it to the same magnitude, then why get so up in arms when we simply acknowledge the same?

And don't you realize that if it's not your memory, you're not really in a valid position to judge its worthiness?
So basically, the good ole age argument.

Don't bother telling your grand children about 1994 when they grow up because their peewee brains won't be able to comprehend the vastness of awesomeness that was June 1994.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Well, you and several others are swinging from the sack of the 94 team and pretty much not giving any credit to this team's recent works. STOP the comparing already. Literally try to not want to build a time machine. Once it's 2024 and we have no cups still we enter Isles and ALMOST Flyers territory. But then "LOL WE GOT THAT 1 30 YEARS OR SO AGO"... how's that feel.

It might serve you better to read the thread before you reply, lest you come off like you have no idea what in the world you're talking about...

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
So basically, the good ole age argument.

Don't bother telling your grand children about 1994 when they grow up because their peewee brains won't be able to comprehend the vastness of awesomeness that was June 1994.

Again, you're replying all emotionally over something you admitted yourself. Never said you can't comprehend it enough to appreciate it. Just that you can't appreciate it to the same degrees as someone who lived through it. And honestly? I don't even believe something like this is up for such argument. I mean, it's a completely, completely obvious concept.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

That's not what we are sayin.

We want the cup too. You guys are pissing on 1994.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
It might serve you better to read the thread before you reply, lest you come off like you have no idea what in the world you're talking about...

Oh I do. We see this at least 2 or 3 times a year here, and people like you and others come in crusading saying that some how Messier is the GOAT of the GOAT and somehow > Gretzky. THEN, you have the elitist attitude of "bro, don't even u won't understandzzzz." Good ol' age club though

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
If the 1992 PT Rangers don't choke against Pittsburgh, you don't think 94 would be less special?

It was mostly special because of the 1940 chants and the 54 year Cup drought to go with it.

Of course that was part of it. Duh. But there was so much more. So much.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
And just for what it's worth, it's also fairly obvious the aversion is rooted in the inner bitterness felt by having not been able to experience it yourselves; so it just gets more and more annoying to hear about it, due to that jealousy of not truly being able to feel that level of passion and satisfaction, and wanting to experience it now. Ok, I can understand that. I'd be bitter too if I hadn't been alive to experience it. But it's still misplaced anger. We're not to blame for your having not been around; nor should we have to cut our enjoyment and memory short due to the same.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Again, you're replying all emotionally over something you admitted yourself. Never said you can't comprehend it enough to appreciate it. Just that you can't appreciate it to the same degrees as someone who lived through it. And honestly? I don't even believe something like this is up for such argument. I mean, it's a completely, completely obvious concept.

You also criticised me for watching the 1994 documentary, as if I could have done anything else to appreciate it more than, again, building a time machine. I'm sure you would also dislike me not watching the doc, as it would clearly be a reflection of me and the entire generation not appreciating history.

So basically, it's the age argument again. I can see that this is literally the only thing that the 1994 crowd can hang their hat on.

And speaking of history, the way that the Rangers portray their franchise history is laughable and they deserve to be called out. All about 94. No mention of the great late 70s teams, no mention of the 1950 team that lost the Cup in game 7 OT. Bill Cook and Boucher might as well have never existed. And Adam Graves wearing #9 is a disgrace in its own right.

But I'm the one who doesn't appreciate history.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
OMG!

This started as Messier is under rated.

Look everyone is ****ing heated about game 1. We are all fans. And we should respect the same cloth and tradition.

I hope the Rangers win on Saturday. Otherwise, the Ranger universe is going to be commited to an asylum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad