GDT: Caps @ Rags 7pm 3/24/13

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Can't be upset about that game. Playing the Rags with their mail it in style makes for close games. They played well and deserved to win. Just gotta build off of it and keep it going.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Not that F16 has mattered much in a couple weeks (I'm guessing he was hurt before to tonite), but our 3rd line is in BIG trouble. 25 sucks. 85 is a munchkin (with heart but still...). And now, what, you add in 17? Ugh!

Ward. Then let Wolski and Volpatti compete for the open 4th line spot.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Ward. Then let Wolski and Volpatti compete for the open 4th line spot.

If Fehr is IR-bound, they really need to see what Mitchell (or another Hershey prospect with at least the potential for a future here) can offer. Give someone like that a chance to make an impression in an energy role instead of some waiver-wire fodder that won't be here in 3 months.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If Fehr is IR-bound, they really need to see what Mitchell (or another Hershey prospect with at least the potential for a future here) can offer. Give someone like that a chance to make an impression in an energy role instead of some waiver-wire fodder that won't be here in 3 months.

Agree with this. I hope Fehr's OK; his career is definitely at the top of my short of "what ifs."

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What's up with Mark "cutback" Davis, Bob "jungle death" Garrard, and Alex "toe drag" Ovechkin?

I am surprised he didn't try a toe drag in the shootout.

I don't mind the move tried, but he sure did try a lot of toe drags in the 3rd. I don't think I have ever seen a player try it more in one period.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
What's up with Mark "cutback" Davis, Bob "jungle death" Garrard, and Alex "toe drag" Ovechkin?

I don't mind the move tried, but he sure did try a lot of toe drags in the 3rd. I don't think I have ever seen a player try it more in one period.

But some of his fancy moves were working last game. I was surprised that it was actually working. Working to the extent that he didn't lose the puck right away. Which is much better than what it has been. I think one of these days Ovi is going to score one of those super highlight reel goals.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
But some of his fancy moves were working last game. I was surprised that it was actually working. Working to the extent that he didn't lose the puck right away. Which is much better than what it has been. I think one of these days Ovi is going to score one of those super highlight reel goals.

Yeah he is getting around the dmen, but not finishing. One of his best yesterday, the puck bounced off his skate and back onto this stick at the last moment. Did that on purpose! My lord is he doing it at high speed though.

I have to assume Oates asked him to do more of that stuff. Don't just skate up the D blindly, have a plan; don't improvise on the fly. At this point even fans know what the dman's plan is - tight gap control. They don't try to hit Ovi, they don't take risks, just focus on tight gap control and hold on.

I would like to see him try and go RW wide right a bit more often and try and knock over the smaller dmen that move out on him, and cut back inside on the slow pokes. Have a plan to target small LD, at least start selling the move to the corner more. From there, he can pass. He likes to pass now.

KingKopitar11*

I said it before when all hope was gone from most of you that the caps will make the playoffs and I Still know they will

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Beagle is on 980 right now. He said Fehr's injury last night is not related to Fehr's shoulders, and that Fehr was riding a stationairy bike at practice. Beagle seemed hopefull Fehr would play tomorrow, but we will see. Not related to Fehr's shoulders is good news considering Fehr's past shoulder issues.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA

The best part of this IMO is that he is regaining the confidence to try all that wacky stuff. Oates and his system appear to have really rejuvenated him.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The best part of this IMO is that he is regaining the confidence to try all that wacky stuff. Oates and his system appear to have really rejuvenated him.

I think he looks at Oates and listens to what he said, and relaxed.

Sure there seems to be a correlation of sorts with him hitting and playing better, but you nailed it, he has confidence to at least try.

I think it was obvious early in the year and may be even last year, he lost some confidence in his game. swagger.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
I said it before when all hope was gone from most of you that the caps will make the playoffs and I Still know they will

King,

I think it was me who said we'd make the playoffs... and we may.

So what?

We screwed up AO's prime years, and worse, the easy SE years.

And the latter may be worse than the former.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010

The question is: should they? 1) This season is widely regarded as a joke, no one will really care about whoever wins the Cup this year, other than the fans of the team that wins it 2) if the Caps sneak in and have to face either Pittsburgh and Boston, in all likelihood they are one and done 3) a nice high draft pick, especially somewhere in the 4-6 range, would really help this team in a couple years.

So careful what you wish for.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
King,

I think it was me who said we'd make the playoffs... and we may.

So what?

We screwed up AO's prime years, and worse, the easy SE years.

And the latter may be worse than the former.

Alex O never regressed imo. He is still the same player.
Players regress at 32-36.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad