Pre-Game Talk: Caps @ Leafs - Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't like our pairings...I would prefer Rielly, Gardiner and Zaitsev on separate pairings.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Zaitsev's game is made for the playoffs. I swear ever penalty he took this year I thought "damn, that would be a great defensive play/box out in the playoffs". Excited to get him back, and I know he might have been dealing with a concussion but I hope the 7 days rest was beneficial. I want early season Zaitsev tonight against Ovie.

Soshnikov in for Martin down the stretch would be nice. Gives us another PKer, fresh body, and adds speed and a shot to the 4th line. I think we need Martin tonight with Wilson looking to play the villain in Toronto. For some reason Washington is not forechecking as hard as I thought they would and really aren't punishing guys like Hunwick and Carrick (we are doing the damage). That might change tonight.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Was at Game 2 on Saturday and going to Game 3/4 this week. Super excited and hope we can keep up the momentum.

Go blue!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Important for the Leafs to get off to a good start and put Washington on their heels. Get the first goal, and get it early.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Hey guys, i was just wondering what the best time is to get into maple leafs square? i dont finish work until 5 and most likely wont get downtown until 5:30, would it be to packed by then?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hey guys, i was just wondering what the best time is to get into maple leafs square? i dont finish work until 5 and most likely wont get downtown until 5:30, would it be to packed by then?

Get there as early as you can.

swint

Nov 16, 2014
About to take this computer science exam to double OT and Kasperi Kapanen the **** out of it.

Done in time to get home for puck-drop.

GLG.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So the opening volleys have been fired, and the Leafs have matched them.

But now with the venue change the series moves to its next step - and the mindsets for both teams change.

If the Caps have another gear, then this is the game they show it. They know they're lucky to even be tied and can't take the Leafs lightly. A little bit of pride and a little bit of fear should mix together and see them come out hard to start this one. The Leafs will have to be ready.

As for the Leafs, there will be the temptation to be a little pleased with themselves that they'll have to avoid. Also, this might be the first game where they have to deal with the fact that winning this series is an actual possibility, and not just a happy-to-be-here pipedream - i.e. might be the first game where they feel the first tinges of the weight of expectations, especially in front of the home crowd.

Good news is that our toughest usage dman ks back in the lineup while their toughest usage dmen might be out, which should be a good lift. Then again, if Zaitsev isn't 100% then even the slightest miscue could cost us, so it's not a guarantee either.

Lots going on here. It will be a definite Statement Game - but I have no idea what that statement will be.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON

Woot!!!
We needed that BIG-TIME! Awesome news.

This is going to be the first real pressure game - at home for a crazy crowd, and we know we can win this now with the way we're playing. But it's a different feel when you are expected to win ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad