Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Kings - 10 f'n 30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
I like Sprong and Protas together. Protas uses his body to lock up players, pushes the puck off the wall and Sprong scoops it up. Twice on one shift.

Same. I like Sprong als better on the left. That line had yesterday the most expected goals in less then 4 min icetime.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
So far interesting things: the caps are playing in their home jersey :huh:, Quick is still LA's goaltender :eek:, Todd Mcllelan is the head coach of LA :huh:, LA's helmets :laugh:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Not a good shift for Ovie. Two turnovers in one rush.
I really think something is going on with him, like wrist maybe. He was shanking one-timers yesterday and giving away puck. And now tonight too. Also the fact that he missed some shifts in 3rd

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Why are caps wearing red and kings not wearing black? This is weird. I don’t like it. Add in the helmets that I can only assume are sponsored by Reynolds Wrap with a 10:30 start - this is just not right:

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
I really think something is going on with him, like wrist maybe. He was shanking one-timers yesterday and giving away puck. And now tonight too
He might be just a bit overworked currently. He has been playing a heavy minutes. And caps are playing almost every other day.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Need to make an extra move or pass. Quick is way too aggressive in net.
That’s how Quick plays. It’s why he dominated when he dominated, and why he got shredded during his poor seasons. He plays the angles aggressively, and has that down low lean. He’s pretty much responsible for the RVH trend around the NHL.

Reactions: twabby

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
He’s had some pretty good West coast swings before. First career hat trick was a 3-2 OT win vs Anaheim (in case it wasn’t obvious he scored all 3 Caps goals). He had a hat trick in 5 minutes vs the Kings once. This year doesn’t seem to match up to that history.
its our 1st west coast trip since covid. chill out

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Feel like we’re seeing shades of last season’s OV again the past couple games. Maybe fatigue or injury, but the skill level has dropped and a lot of fumblitis. That said Kuzy is also slipping into 2020 Kuzy as well.

Wilson looked looked like OT Willy there.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Kings mentality is shoot from everywhere, while we are selective with our shoots. Interesting two different approaches. Kopitar is till a good player and Quick too.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Elder and Kopitar taking away all of Wilson’s attempts and negating a series of awful turnover by the Kings.
Two really promising looking chances, zero shots. I’ll chalk it up to Kings hustling to negate them. Didnt help that an ice official collided with other forward on the initial 2-on-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad