Speculation: Caps have 9.2 mil to spend as Backstrom returns to perma IR - Nylander?

ChrisProngersEYE

Aug 17, 2023
Backstrom so long and thanks for all the fish!

So what do ya think? How close were Spencer and Nylander?
Will Caps fans ever allow another Nylander to wear a Caps Jersey? Wait the 1st one never really wore his so....

Oh p.s. I'm starting the rumor

ChrisProngersEYE

Aug 17, 2023
You have nothing to trade to get him. And with the extra year the Leafs can offer it 9.2 won’t be enough to get him as a UFA.

You have nothing to trade to get him. And with the extra year the Leafs can offer it 9.2 won’t be enough to get him as a UFA.
Unless the player REALLY see's being with a specific coach as important /wink

Ovie says, “give me Hubie”.
If that came from Ovie, close the thread case closed then.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
It feels like Nylander is playing himself into his rights being traded at the end of the year

I just can’t see Toronto going 8 figure AAV
And Nylander is playing himself into that ask

I thought he was low $9 aav at the beginning of the year
Toronto has Tavares coming off the books in a year. It going to be pretty hard to out bid them.
If he leaves it won’t be over money.

Reactions: ChrisProngersEYE

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Toronto has Tavares coming off the books in a year. It going to be pretty hard to out bid them.
If he leaves it won’t be over money.
Tavares will still be on the books in 24-25. And they will need to sign 2-3 dmen + Liljegren to re-sign. And a goalie to sign. And 3-4 forwards to sign... The money will be very tight to re-sign Nylander.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Backstrom so long and thanks for all the fish!

So what do ya think? How close were Spencer and Nylander?
Will Caps fans ever allow another Nylander to wear a Caps Jersey? Wait the 1st one never really wore his so....

Oh p.s. I'm starting the rumor

Just splitting a hair for a seck: this sounds more like 'speculation' than a 'rumor'.

On that note - maybe the Caps want either Hubs or Kadri.

ChrisProngersEYE

Aug 17, 2023
In all honest, I don't know what the Caps could possibly give for Nylander but I'm pretty sure the name Wilson would have to be included, which
Just splitting a hair for a seck: this sounds more like 'speculation' than a 'rumor'.

I would take Kadri in a heart beat but pretty sure not a single Caps fan would agree...actually on 2nd though I just looked at his contract....good luck there

In my defense I openly admitted to starting the rumor

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Unless the player REALLY see's being with a specific coach as important /wink

If that came from Ovie, close the thread case closed then.
Good luck with that

Tavares will still be on the books in 24-25. And they will need to sign 2-3 dmen + Liljegren to re-sign. And a goalie to sign. And 3-4 forwards to sign... The money will be very tight to re-sign Nylander.
Money will be tight. For 1 season. Not really a big deal.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Do see Treleving going with a massively top heavy construction again like Dubas did?

I don’t know if he will
Isn’t Marner up for a raise
With any raises to Matthews, Nylander, and Marner they will take up a smaller % of the cap then the previous “core 4” did

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad