GDT: Caps @ Habs. 7:30pm. Bell Centre. 4.9.2013

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
Gotta say that Neuvy looked pretty good out there. I have a lot of confidence in him seeing how he's playing the last 2 games.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Gotta say that Neuvy looked pretty good out there. I have a lot of confidence in him seeing how he's playing the last 2 games.

But do you think he can put a dozen good/great games together in a row like Holtby can? I don't.

I haven't read the thread so this has probably been mentioned, but Erskine does not look 100%. Also, Oleksy/Hillen looked pretty damn good out there as a pairing. And Green needs to knock it off with the unnecessary fancy deke attempts around his own goal.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I have to say I always opposed the notion those 2 "had" to be together because they were in Hershey or whatever cockamamie excuse I heard. While they did fine most nights, you cannot do it at the expense of the other pairs. Green needed a partner - and the team a 1LD.

I prefer my D pairs: L & R, O and D, young and vet, tough and soft, if possible. That way they will always complement each other, and there is no confusion about what their roles are.

Liberati0n*

Hey coach my D partner blows. Any chance I could play with someone else...?

I was under the impression it was that he specifically suggested that he be paired with Green. Does anyone know if it was that or just a request to split up Carlzner?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I thought it was to see if he could play as well with someone else so as not to become dependent on Carlson, but that might have been the conclusion I came up with in my head at the time and not the actual reasoning.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I didn't even get a chance to see it.

In all the talk about looking good and scoring goals, the shot blocking from this game really stood out, especially Beagle's sliding block on the wide open net.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

Always guard against being too reactionary especially when it comes to young players. You should have never lost confidence in him in the first place. Go watch some tape on him when he was our starter a couple years ago especially in the Rangers series.

They will have ups and downs. Don't be "that fan" ....

After we came back and beat Boston earlier this year I went to take a look at their post game thread. I usually don't do that but now and then I'm curious to see reaction.

At the time they were like 15-3-1 or something...insanely good record. Most of the posts was "this guy sucks" "blow up the team" "we need to fire the coach!" "trade Seguin for Iginla!" and many other knee jerk absurd reactions.

Last edited:

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Did we just get a one-post ban?

Gotta be record-tying, at least.

What happened?

@SimplySensational... Carlson has been a lot better as of late, but he hasn't been outperforming Alzner.

On another note... Hillen has been excellent the last little while. He's been matched against top lines, and done well shutting down guys like Tavares and Stamkos.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
What happened?

@SimplySensational... Carlson has been a lot better as of late, but he hasn't been outperforming Alzner.

On another note... Hillen has been excellent the last little while. He's been matched against top lines, and done well shutting down guys like Tavares and Stamkos.

Hillen isn't physical but as long as he partnered with a more physical player that can work. One thing tho is that the guy competes and gets involved/gets in the way and digs. If Schultz had half his compete level he'd be an every day player.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
I loved watching the replay of Ovechkin's goal last night on NHL.com. Best part of the goal is the crowd "ahhhhs" and "ohhhhs" as he puts the puck through Ryder's legs. :laugh:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
My favorite part of Hillen's game is that he's able to keep up with even the speedy forwards. My least favorite part of his game is that he really REALLY shies away from contact, especially in the corners. He's been more effective lately though; I'll give him that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00