Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 2: Happy Hockey Days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
This whole conversation is bizarre. Bogosian doesn’t play anything like Orpik, and is not a player you’d trust with shutdown duties.

The Caps are 22-4-5. We NEED something to bitch at each other about. Give us Orpik vs Bogosian. Its better than Brooks Laich vs a ham sandwich.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The Caps are 22-4-5. We NEED something to ***** at each other about. Give us Orpik vs Bogosian. Its better than Brooks Laich vs a ham sandwich.

What about Boyd Gordon vs a turkey sandwich? Two very dynamic options.

Ham sandwich each and every time. :nod:

I need to see a heat map of the Ham Sandwich at 5v5 examining xGF/60 to make this call.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Caps need a player who will be a mix of Gudas and Jensen (with their good sides) as 2RD. Then its someone as 3RD.

In reality its hard to get that player (and dump both G&J) especially in-season. This hand-wringing is just pointless.

The weak link on D is that Caps have only 2 quality defenders. If one of them is injured Caps are f***ed. No game breaking ability in Gudas, Jensen, Kempny or Siege. They are all complimentary players not pair drivers. The best I can think of is Gudas as 3RD (should be able to hold his own with any partner).

PS: Maybe Ham is a good idea after all.

Kempny-Carlson
Orlov-Hamonic
Siege-Gudas

Looks not that bad and lots of options for the summer.

PPS: At any moment there will be an option to make it Orlov-Fever and Siege-Gudas. If Ham craps the bed there are still options in Hershey. Including Djoos, right.

PPPS: If Ham is not >>>>> Jensen then I bet latter stays and Fever's ready to replace someone.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm aware of that. I don't think that's going to stick for too long.

That's how the season started as well. That is what MacLellan and Reirden want to see. They clearly do not want Gudas playing 20 mins a night.

Frankly, Kempny has been a bigger problem lately than Jensen.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
You have to be trolling at this point, right? Orpik in his time with the caps got crushed in xG and possession metrics. Trotz's hard on with Orpik lost us Nate Schmidt.
No my friend. Just no.

one of those guys has his name on the Cup as a Cap and was the 3rd to lift the trophy over his head. The other doesn’t/isnt/didn’t.

75-80 % of Caps fans unite on this one.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
You guys are way too funny. :laugh:
They are idiots..... please stop humouring them.

A Ham Sando is comparable to Turkey? WTF?

Salty pork goodness that can have spicy/yellow/sweet mustard applied versus dry white fowl meat, that has to have Mayo or cranberry (or both) to even be edible???????

I mean, honestly?

What’s wrong w you people?

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I'm not worried about the defense. To me, Gudas & Jensen are decent enough, especially given what they are paid.

The Caps have invested heavily in the forwards, and for this team especially, in playoffs almost everything invariably comes down to how much the forwards can tilt the ice on the forecheck and in the neutral zone, how many of those 4 lines are outskating or at least keeping up. If they are mostly taking it to the opponents, this defense should do fine. If they spend significant time on their heels, the odds drop so drastically that any trade to improve the defense (especially of the stay-at-home type) will be pretty insignificant in comparison, IMO.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
In regards to the defense, i would agree Jensen seems like the weak link right now. However; he has started to play a little better lately, and most teams top 6 look a lot worse. Also if we need to change something we have options in Hershey. Unless the performance drops prior to the trade deadline, I don’t know if we need to make a move.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The contract extension says no?

Nah. He was acquired as a stretch run rental. McPhee said as much. He said that he had no idea that he would be such a fit for the team that he would have to be kept. I am saying that McPhee didn't trade for him as a keeper. His play in Anaheim hadn't earned more than that either. His play for the Capitals was completely different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad