Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
It will be a goddamn kick in the scrotum if the Islanders pick him up, and he and trotz lift the Cup together again in june. LOL. Honestly, I would still feel happy for the two of them because they are in my heart forever. They helped give me something I thought i would never see in my lifetime

Last edited:

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Big part in winning us a Cup... but yeah, okay, "garbage".

Damn, some of y'all are brutal.

Has the guy had a a great season? No.

But he's a big part of a the best season we ever had and his production is basically on track with his entire career.

It's business, stop acting like the pissed in your Cheerios.
RG3 was a big part of us making the playoffs in 2012. Does not mean he didnt suck in his following years. DSP also was not injured...just decided to show up to camp 30 pounds over weight.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
I don't think so. We have enough cap space if it was for a 4th liner trade. We open so much space for a big contract? Moving DSP and Jaskin -> Burakovsky is not safe at all.

Considering how close the Caps are to the cap, there could be lots going on, as Reirden was recently quoted. If they want to bring in a couple of ~$3m (or more) players, need to shed a bunch of ~$1m guys thru waivers or trade.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
DSP is garbage. Not sad about this.
Bad take. Whatever else you say about him, he appears to be a solid guy with some core principles who came up big in some big moments, not just the playoffs but also standing up to the racists in Chicago And standing up for the Maryland kid who was victim of racism on the ice this season. Further, even if it’s true there likely wasn’t high demand for him on the market during the off-season, he did agree to a very cap-friendly contract in order to stay in DC, where he felt at home. Further, he helped bring us a goddamn Stanley Cup. So let’s not use words like “garbage.“ He deserves everybody’s respect no matter what

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Bad take. Whatever else you say about him, he appears to be a solid guy with some core principles who came up big in some big moments, not just the playoffs but also standing up to the racists in Chicago And standing up for the Maryland kid who was victim of racism on the ice this season. Further, even if it’s true there likely wasn’t high demand for him on the market during the off-season, he did agree to a very cap-friendly contract in order to stay in DC, where he felt at home. Further, he helped bring us a goddamn Stanley Cup. So let’s not use words like “garbage.“ He deserves everybody’s respect no matter what
I'm talking about his current state as a hockey player. Not politics.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm talking about his current state as a hockey player. Not politics.
No problem. I am not just talking about ‘politics,’ though. Just a reminder that the guy is still a human being. But even as a hockey player, I do believe he is a gamer in the playoffs, so I am hoping he goes down to Hershey, gets into shape, and gets called up to reprise his role as unlikely hero

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
RG3 was a big part of us making the playoffs in 2012. Does not mean he didnt suck in his following years. DSP also was not injured...just decided to show up to camp 30 pounds over weight.
... honestly every time you try and make a comparison to football I want to tune out. Why does this have to be a personal thing for some of you guys? Why can't you just go "well, that sucks but it's a necessary move"? You act like the guy not producing is taking food of your table.

DSP is a bottom 6 player that we acquired because his last team bought him out for these exact reasons, comparing him to a quarterback that was drafted #2 is ludicrous. RG3 lost favor in DC mainly because of his locker room issues and conspiring against his own coaching staff. DSP took a below market deal to stay here, he likely could have received a long term deal and a better contract but he listed his love of the city, fans, and team as a deciding factor. His production is literally spot on for his career average and anyone who watched him last season shouldn't be surprised, this is how he plays in the regular season "30lbs" or not.

It's okay to say to appreciate a guy, be sad the team has moved on, but also be okay with that move. We're not the mafia or crips, you don't have to die for us to be okay with your departure.

With fans like ours who needs enemies?

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
DSP is a good guy, thanks for the playoffs last year, but right now (and this is since the camp in september) he's not a good hockey player. And this is a good move by BMac. It will wake up other guys. You're not safe if you don't play well and even if you were good in the past.

btw, He's not gone (yet) from the organization. If nobody picks him up ... he stays in and maybe will come back in the playoffs

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
No problem. I am not just talking about ‘politics,’ though. Just a reminder that the guy is still a human being. But even as a hockey player, I do believe he is a gamer in the playoffs, so I am hoping he goes down to Hershey, gets into shape, and gets called up to reprise his role as unlikely hero
I'm sure he's not reading HFboards and crying about me using the term "garbage" to describe him as a player. Wish him the best and I'm guessing he gets claimed actually.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
HFBoards posters, covered in Dorito dust and on the cusp of a third heart attack after shoveling today take to their computers where they learned DSP has be placed on waivers... they begin to type:
giphy.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

This seems like the best case scenario right? I’m pulling for that for sure....

Entitled right? Lol....

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I don't think so. We have enough cap space if it was for a 4th liner trade. We open so much space for a big contract? Moving DSP and Jaskin -> Burakovsky is not safe at all.
It does weaken their depth otherwise, though. Not sure I really want to be relying on Dowd & Boyd on the fourth-line in the playoffs. It may just be a matter of adding two fourth-liners but it's hard to count on that materializing/fitting.

It could be a bigger ticket target. But neither sure they'd want to move down anyone out of the current top six or give up the asset price for one of the headliners.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I'm sure he's not reading HFboards and crying about me using the term "garbage" to describe him as a player. Wish him the best and I'm guessing he gets claimed actually.
He doesn't have to read these boards for people to take issue with someone classifying another human beings self worth as "garbage" based on hockey.

Are you okay with people shit talking you so long as you're not in the room?

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
He doesn't have to read these boards for people to take issue with someone classifying another human beings self worth as "garbage" based on hockey.

Are you okay with people **** talking you so long as you're not in the room?
If I sucked at my job and a coworker described me as "garbage" I guess I'd have to deal with it and take a look at my performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad