Post-Game Talk: Caps Flyers 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
I feel so bad for Alan may. NBC sports cutting budgets everywhere and he’s stuck with a girl (who does a pretty good job), smokin’ al who should of retired 5 years ago, and the biggest douche ever. This nick ashooh guy is cringeworthy watching.

I don’t know why I have to keep saying it but bring back Chuck Gormley already.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Another regulation win. Very nice.

I think they need to practice more 3 goal third period leads until they get it right. :D

An Ovie goal, another Jensen goal, a Kuzy assist and a monstrous game by the 4th line. Pretty cool. :thumbu:

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I feel so bad for Alan may. NBC sports cutting budgets everywhere and he’s stuck with a girl (who does a pretty good job), smokin’ al who should of retired 5 years ago, and the biggest douche ever. This nick ashooh guy is cringeworthy watching.
I like Koken, he’s knowledgeable. Alexa is a good moderator, she doesn’t pretend to be what she isn’t. Ashooh, on the other hand, is BS’ing his way through these post-games, trying to come across as knowledgeable but says little of substance. And the slicked, poofy hair/beard thing just doesn’t seem right for hockey analysis, lol.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
I like Koken, he’s knowledgeable. Alexa is a good moderator, she doesn’t pretend to be what she isn’t. Ashooh, on the other hand, is BS’ing his way through these post-games, trying to come across as knowledgeable but says little of substance. And the slicked, poofy hair/beard thing just doesn’t seem right for hockey analysis, lol.

Ya I did like the old crew better but Alexa isn’t bad in her role.

May is awesome.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
May is the best! I like Alexa. She is fun and uplifting but hasn’t really found the banter with Alan. It will get better. Nick is a waste. I hate when talks. He needs to go.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
He seems like the type of person that cold calls for penny stocks - or wants to sell me a 2005 tahoe with 250k miles for 20k.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Koken is fine - but it’s weird him talking to a young 20’s girl who isn’t even from DC and a guy who obviously isn’t qualified/didn’t even know how many games Wilson has left on the suspension.

it’s so obvious nbc is trying to be as cheap as possible here. This is def a budget cut staff nbcwashington has.

People who analyze the game should actually know more than the common caps fan at least. The guy said Jonah Siegenthaler the other day and per ounces “samsonov” like Sam-son-ov and not Sam-so-nov like it’s correct.

that’s fine amd not huge - but when you’re In studio trying to recap and talk like you know what you’re taking about - it’s a tough look when 90% of fan base knows Siegs first name and how to pronounce Samsonov by now lol

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Has anyone liked him? Anyone?

I feel like I'm the only one who stuck up for Ashooh, even after I put in some early criticisms lol.

Just saying let's see how Alexa and Nick grow into their roles beyond their rookie seasons. There is potential in both. Its up to them to reach it.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I feel like I'm the only one who stuck up for Ashooh, even after some early criticisms lol.

Just saying let's see how Alexa and Nick grow into their roles beyond their rookie seasons. There is potential in both. Its up to them to reach it.
Not really. It’s up to the viewers - and ultimately NBC lol.

Alexa has potential and this is an incredible opportunity for her. ashooh shouldnt be on a nhl show. Not yet. He’s not fun to listen to, is very basic, and provides nothing people don’t already know, Amd then looks bad not saying players names right.

Michael Jenkins drank to the caps and was fun. Carlin stood out at the arena and talked to everyone each game and provided a loose personality. Tbjs Nick guy is just awful. He is in a suit like he’s speaking to a grand jury - has zero jokes - and provides no fun.

If you’re going to be boring or a nerd on sports tv you better be full of stats/info/knowledge - and he doesn’t have either.

Reactions: tenken00

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I’ve tried to give Ashooh the benefit of the doubt but he saidWilson had 5 games left on his suspension I was like bruh

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hearing Philly fans booing their home team was a jolt or normalcy that I really took to heart
Said the same thing to my brother and dad. Nature is healing. My dad did ask if they were real boos or piped-in boos because if any city is going to add artificial boos to the sound experience, it’s Philly :laugh:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Anyone have any thoughts on the actual game itself or nah?

I think they played well for 50 minutes, which is more than the usual 40 minutes, so progress?

Nick Jensen is a scoring machine. He must have made a bet with his buddy Nic Dowder, who is also a scoring machine.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I think they played well for 50 minutes, which is more than the usual 40 minutes, so progress?

Nick Jensen is a scoring machine. He must have made a bet with his buddy Nic Dowder, who is also a scoring machine.

Nic(k)s powering their way to the net to score goals. Who woulda thunk.

Reactions: kicksavedave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad