Post-Game Talk: Caps Flyers 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Jensen's wheels > beating Dman to puck > beauty of a snipe > F'n A!
(and it sure drowned out Sprong's horrible giveaway just before)
Regular season Vrana-Kuzy-Sprong can get away with the irresponsible play but come playoffs when you can't buy a goal you're gonna need defense to keep a 1-goal lead (let alone the dreaded 3-goal lead); I'm assuming Lavi is trying (to limited success) to drill into their heads that D is just as important as O

Hope we can go back to another stretch of giving up 1 or 2 a game like a few weeks ago

I almost feel bad for PHI, they're lost right now in many ways

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Another way of looking at Sprong vs Panik: Sprong fits well on the 2nd line and produces there, especially if the whole line is defensively sheltered. Panik doesn't really fit on the 3rd line and drags its production down. Panik's best stretch here was when he was 4th line due to the awesome Kovalchuk experiment.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Another way of looking at Sprong vs Panik: Sprong fits well on the 2nd line and produces there, especially if the whole line is defensively sheltered. Panik doesn't really fit on the 3rd line and drags its production down. Panik's best stretch here was when he was 4th line due to the awesome Kovalchuk experiment.
It was years that Eller drags the 3rd line and everyone on it to mediocrity. When Wilson is back i'd sit Hathaway not Spront nor Panik.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
It was years that Eller drags the 3rd line and everyone on it to mediocrity. When Wilson is back i'd sit Hathaway not Spront nor Panik.

Exactly, like how he dragged Connolly down from his 30 goal pace to a mere 20 goal pace so he could sign for a mere $3.5M with Panthers, only to be waived for producing nothing there.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
If Panik is going to be benched for Sprong which it seems lots of us here want. Is Panik worth waiving? He has a big cap hit for a guy not playing

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Panik won't be benched. Laviolette appears to have little faith in Vrana, Kuznetsov, and Sprong defensively and seems to love Eller-Panik and either Sheary or Oshie as one of his shutdown lines. If we could only combine Sprong and Panik into one player that would be ideal.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
dcw7hmk-89a134ab-fac3-4f47-a0a6-8a2cfed13a18.png

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Could you move Wilson down and keep Sprong on the top line. Wilson would add more offensive jump to the third line, and still be defensively responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad