GDT: Caps @ Ducks, 10 pm

Gormley

Mar 18, 2014
Old Town
The Penguins did us no favors this weekend losing both to Philly. NYR haven't been the same since the St. Louis trade but could get hot again at any time. Philly has a very tough schedule and I think they're a garbage team, but so do we and our defense is laughable. Columbus quietly doing their thing. Detroit has the injury epidemic. Very fluid situation fighting for the last play-off spots.

Very real possibility the Caps go 0-5 in their next 5 and torpedo any remaining chance they have. Realistically, they need to go 2-2-1 at worst to have a chance down the stretch. Need to start it right with a W tonight.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Honestly, I thought Carrick has looked better lately. He's picking his spots better, and has actually made a few good bodychecks. He dumped somone on the ice during the Vancouver game. :laugh:

I've been way more comfortable with Hillen-Green and Orlov-Carrick than I was with our pairings for a long time. That's not to say I'm really comfortable with them. I don't really have a problem with giving Wey a shot.

Why is Wellman up and Beagle in the lineup over Latta?
Because Beagle is better defensive player than Latta and Wellman is a better offensive player. Why Beagle is in the top six while Wellman is on the 4th line is a different question.

The Flying Finn

Nov 9, 2009
Finland
How long does it take for the 2nd period to begin. The game starts at 4am my time, and I tought I'd wake up at 5am to watch 2nd and 3rd and then go to school, but is it too late?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
How long does it take for the 2nd period to begin. The game starts at 4am my time, and I tought I'd wake up at 5am to watch 2nd and 3rd and then go to school, but is it too late?

Sounds about right... Unless its a really fast period the 2nd period usually starts an hour after.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I have to say he has a chance to be a player someday but when I see him on the ice I honestly, _honestly_ have to question if they are trying to win this season.

I seem to remember TL saying something at the start of the season, when talking about the re-alignment, about "hoping" to make the playoffs...

as others have said...what is the vision for this team??? I remember Ed Snyder saying something like "you dont build to make the playoffs, you build to win the Cup" after making the Lindros trade.

Since 8 has arrived GMGM has failed to put together some of the key pieces Cup teams historically have (quality D, 2 excellent C's) while being coached by first time NHL coaches....results should have been predicted

many talk about blowing things up after MTL series...maybe so. I am of the opinion that after they laid down vs TB, things should have changed

This so hard. This this **** this.

ryan519*

isnt kuznetsov normally a center and a playmaker? put him on the first line with ovie, not ****in beagle

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Our top players only seem to get up for quality opponents.

Playing tough competition may be our only hope.

While some may think its assbackwards, it's more a testament to how poorly our players are prepared and motivated.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Pretty much need a few miracles from here on out.....beginning of the end?

JessicaAlba2007GoodLuckChuck003.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad