GDT: Caps @ Ducks, 10 pm

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Bruce will be laughing at our lines.

But Oates and our 3 PPGs get the last laugh.

#HalakHauntingBruce

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Enough little side stories that I'll probably stay up for this one. But if it turns into a ****show, zzzzzzz

Hoping for a win but thinking 4-2 Dux

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The bigger problem I have with our top line is Jojo. He is bringing little to the table and think he could center 3 and get Fehr up top.

I can see why Oates is deathly afraid to break up 3, its his only line :laugh:

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
As both a Caps fan and a Ducks fan, this game will get to me regardless. Heres hoping Halak/Holtby can stop those weird goals the ducks score, but then again, here's hoping Freddy and Jonas can stop those monsterous Ovi slaps.

Jedgi

Feb 12, 2008
As both a Caps fan and a Ducks fan, this game will get to me regardless. Heres hoping Halak/Holtby can stop those weird goals the ducks score, but then again, here's hoping Freddy and Jonas can stop those monsterous Ovi slaps.

Caps need this win a lot more than the Ducks do.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Beagle centering Ovechkin.

I got nuthin'.
It's almost as though having more than two NHL centers is beneficial. Huh.

Not putting Johansson at center tells me all I need to know about their thinking about him. House cleaning or not, Johansson's value to the team certainly seems in decline.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Not putting Johansson at center tells me all I need to know about their thinking about him. House cleaning or not, Johansson's value to the team certainly seems in decline.

The league in general doesn't value players like Johansson. Raymond and Jokinen are similar (and better) players who proved to have 0 value recently.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think MJ would be fine at center, but more importantly, he needs to be far far away from Ovi and Nick. I think their bad habits are rubbing off on him. Lets face it, Nick is his mentor.

His game is speed and speed requires work and work requires effort and our defacto top line simply does not give a full effort, centering around 19 and 8.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Caps need this win a lot more than the Ducks do.

True, Ducks are pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot at this point, it's mostly just keeping ahead of the Sharks/Kings and getting that 1st spot back.

Caps are fighting damn hard for every point.

I wish Grabovski was back that poor guy has been dealing with ankle injuries since before the olympic break, and as much as I like Halak, I did have a soft spot for Grubauer..

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
I actually get to go to a game! Taking off work today and making the trek up shortly. My wife, son and I will be in 206. Here's hoping the Caps put together a replay of that 6-5 game at Honda Center a couple of years ago.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Oates!!!

khaaaan.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00