Post-Game Talk: caps @ cbus gdt (6pm start)

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He was 1st in minutes the game before, more than 22

That's true. Also true for the Colorado game. Orpik played nearly 20 mins as well. But I don't think those two games are representative of Trotz's desired usage. He rolled 3 pairs in Colorado and AZ. Shatty played 17 and Orpik 15 v CBJ. My read on that is that Trotz was saving minutes on his top 4 so could save them on the road trip for CBJ.

I think come playoffs, particularly those with the lead, that 17 minutes is going to be what he sees. Do you disagree?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Shattenkirk's getting paid. I don't think him skating third-pairing minutes on a deep defense (especially since he's put up 12 points in 15 games) is going to stop teams from bidding for his services.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
That's true. Also true for the Colorado game. Orpik played nearly 20 mins as well. But I don't think those two games are representative of Trotz's desired usage. He rolled 3 pairs in Colorado and AZ. Shatty played 17 and Orpik 15 v CBJ. My read on that is that Trotz was saving minutes on his top 4 so could save them on the road trip for CBJ.

I think come playoffs, particularly those with the lead, that 17 minutes is going to be what he sees. Do you disagree?

I don't disagree but I don't think it will cost him some $$$ on July 1st. Rangers will pay him anyway.

+ in playoffs, it will depend. Opponents/scores/etc
He will certainly play less, because as we know, we always play more on PK than PP in postseason

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Shattenkirk played 17 minutes last night. Am I wrong or is his time with the Caps not helping is UFA market stature?

Shattenkirk is gong to have more than a couple of teams back a boat load of cash up to his door. The only thing up for debate is the size of the wining boat.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Shattenkirk played 17 minutes last night. Am I wrong or is his time with the Caps not helping is UFA market stature?

He's producing at nearly point per game -rate. Will finish top-5 in points among all D's.

You are certainly wrong.

Meanwhile Karl Alzner right now is not worth his current contract. Let alone the raise to double his salary.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Oh, not sure if mentioned, but Ovie busting up Anderson's face kind of puts any "injured wrist" talk to bed.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
He did it with his left hand, no?

both hands. his right hand at about 16 seconds in was probably the one that busted Anderson's nose.

(not sure what this says in the text, but it was in the main boards thread so letting it go)

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Anderson and his team chose the wrong guy to mess with. Ovi will crush people with hits and he can fight back against most guys. Unless you're the size of a grizzly bear like Nikita Tryamkin, Ovi can get you.

So what you're saying is we need to get this Tryamkin guy on the Caps. :naughty:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I am still trying to figure what the CBJ fans are seeing. Ov is not even looking at Anderson when his head starts bouncing from getting hit.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
6'7 and 265 lbs. If he was just a little bit more talented, he would've been drafted in the first round.

I think Tryamkin's RU citizenship would be cancelled if he fought Ovi :P

Also, didn't see any real hits with the right hand. We know he's lefty (for fighting and other purposes), and the wrist in question was right.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
No new gdt up yet, but imo tonight look for Kadri to pick up where cbus left off

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Kadri is dirty. Looks like its going to be another Tom Wilson night

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad