Post-Game Talk: caps @ cbus gdt (6pm start)

Status
Not open for further replies.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

One game, score effects, blah blah, but... those Carlzner numbers are ridiculous. Is it even possible to have a bigger one-game dropoff from your best possession guy (Niskanen) to your worst (Alzner)? It's got to be some kind of a counting error?!

Anyway, the game itself was enjoyable, intensity was decent, it's something positive.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

One game, score effects, blah blah, but... those Carlzner numbers are ridiculous. Is it even possible to have a bigger one-game dropoff from your best possession guy (Niskanen) to your worst (Alzner)? It's got to be some kind of a counting error?!

Anyway, the game itself was enjoyable, intensity was decent, it's something positive.

If it were one game I'd chalk it up to a bad game, but it's been a long trend now. Hard to use the score-effects excuse either seeing as they had a miserable first period while the game was tied as well. And it's hard using the QoC argument because the other pairings consistently put up better performances against the same difficult competition, with today's game noted above in the chart.

If they can flip the switch and become an effective second pairing that would be great, but at this point I highly doubt Carlson is going to match his playoff performance from last year and Alzner's dropoff has been staggering this season.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
That third period was pathetic. It looked like they lost every puck battle and were only saved by good faceoff numbers.

I think the Caps beat CBJ in a series, but thankfully it looks like we won't see until at least the second round.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
The hit is cleaner than a bottle of ethanol. Screw the DOPS.

If something happens here while Crosby gets off with nothing for deliberately hitting a player in the nuts with his stick - it's will be so obviously biased and I will really believe Canada does have something against Ovi

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
If something happens here while Crosby gets off with nothing for deliberately hitting a player in the nuts with his stick - it's will be so obviously biased and I will really believe Canada does have something against Ovi

IINM this is already more than Crosby got for either of his notable slashes that week.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'd guess the NHL is going to take 15 seconds to look at it tomorrow and then deem it legal. They are going to have to get really creative to find anything wrong with it.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
It's bs that they are even reviewing it. Just finding a way to put Ovie off his physical game. (Like they did after he crushed Campbell with a legal hit.)
They know he's going to be a wrecking ball in the playoffs.

36kap36

Jan 21, 2011
Ohio
According to CBJ fans, Ovi is one of the dirtiest players in the league and this is nothing new. This, of course, being a hit that, at worst, was a charging minor. It's awful that Werenski got hurt from it, but that doesn't magically make Ovi a dirty player. I don't get the rhetoric, guys and gals.

Overall, I do not want to play them in a playoff series if games turn into that. Things would get horribly dirty on both sides. That wouldn't be pretty.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It's bs that they are even reviewing it. Just finding a way to put Ovie off his physical game. (Like they did after he crushed Campbell with a legal hit.)
They know he's going to be a wrecking ball in the playoffs.

The Campbell hit was worthy of a suspension, didn't like it when it happened. This one is nothing, a clean hit. It's reviewed because it's Ovi and the Caps and the hit injured one of the best rookies in the league.

According to CBJ fans, Ovi is one of the dirtiest players in the league and this is nothing new. This, of course, being a hit that, at worst, was a charging minor. It's awful that Werenski got hurt from it, but that doesn't magically make Ovi a dirty player. I don't get the rhetoric, guys and gals.

Overall, I do not want to play them in a playoff series if games turn into that. Things would get horribly dirty on both sides. That wouldn't be pretty.

Pot meet kettle. They're one of the dirtiest teams in the NHL right now, with that ****ing rat Dubinsky leading the way. Anderson sucker punched Ovi, of course he was going to take one back.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
The Campbell hit was worthy of a suspension, didn't like it when it happened. This one is nothing, a clean hit. It's reviewed because it's Ovi and the Caps and the hit injured one of the best rookies in the league.

Pot meet kettle. They're one of the dirtiest teams in the NHL right now, with that ****ing rat Dubinsky leading the way. Anderson sucker punched Ovi, of course he was going to take one back.

The Campbell hit (Ovie is too big and strong and we must neuter him) nor this one is worthy of suspension. Who knows what lurks in the minds of the idiots in charge, though.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Werenski is lucky Ovi was the one who welcomed him to the NHL, if it was Sid he'd probably be missing a digit or a dong

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

oh f off nhl

like I said. The Caps are mean and said bad words. Someone's mom complained to the principle. If Ovechkin gets jammed up for that after Crosby gets a walk for spearing a guy in the jewels and chopping off a guys freaking finger, then we can all stop worrying about the playoffs.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

CBJ is going to run the Pens into the ditch. Caps will get them in the 2nd round. It will be like the last Flyers and last Islanders series. The difference is that CBJ can lean on the Pens who are small. The Caps are bigger than CBJ and don't take any **** as opposed to the Pens who cant dish it out in return.

Dubinsky cant try and beat up Ov or Backstrom or Oshie the way he picks on Crosby. It doesn't have the same effect. That and the Caps have Wilson and Ovechkin and Orpik for who can search and destroy better than CBJ can.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Lo and behold, Ottawa currently in the WC2 slot atm. Kind of sucks that we won't get a clear idea who our first round opponent will be until the very last couple of games or so.

It's most likely Bos or TB at this point although Tor has a brutal schedule down the stretch.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium

oh f off nhl

If someone can find a tweet about Crosby won't have even a hearing or NHL won't review his 2 dirty plays.

I think, we should start the 2nd round thread (WSH-PIT) on the main boards with two of those tweets.

Who cares about what their fans thinks. And like E4K said, they're one of the dirtiest team in the league.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Unbelievable this gets reviewed, but the crosby plays against
ROR and Methot didn't.

(Or were those reviewed, but determined unworthy of discipline?)
I know there was tweet about Methot that the league wasn't even looking in to it. I would assume ROR was the same since there was no injury, and the league doesn't really care about those kind of plays unless they are egregious.

It is just ****ing insane the league is looking at this. Two quick .gifs show that pretty close to no doubt that both skates were touching. It would be great to see the league nail Ovie for having both skates off the ice in almost unmeasurable distances from video footage. Let there be visible and clearly documented proof of the basis. You can't tag Ovie for Charging and try to explain away the Methot Slash. Skates less than an inch off the ice is Charging then injury from a Slash should have been 5 minutes and a GM. No in game call so 1 game suspension.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am not sure I have seen Ovi so angry. If our playoff'tar theme fails to locate creators, we can all just have a gif of Ovi wiping his nose.

I hate the playoff format. If they are going to bother mixing up the divisions in round 1, at least mix it up completely. Or remake the brackets after round 1. They reward finishing 7th over 1st by sticking them into a lame duck bracket. It makes a joke of the regular season.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
like I said. The Caps are mean and said bad words. Someone's mom complained to the principle. If Ovechkin gets jammed up for that after Crosby gets a walk for spearing a guy in the jewels and chopping off a guys freaking finger, then we can all stop worrying about the playoffs.

I think we know exactly what happened. Torts ran his mouth to the league because that's what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad