GDT: Caps @ Canes Apr 2/13 7pm

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
TOR media might be able to drum up something for Kadri given enough opportunities, but agreed.

Meh, if Ovechkin's resurgence pulls the Caps from the bottom of the league to a top-4 seed, I could see him turning enough heads. (assuming he pulls the Richard and Ross double, which is a large assumption)

Vladiator16*

It's like the gravy on Thanksgiving dinner...just adds that extra bit of joy you love so much!

:nod:

Dont care about if he catches whats his face in Pittsburg, but few more games like this and then we can talk about being back for our boy... Looks definitely sharper...

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
its just a thought, but could it be that he is destracted by off ice affairs right now? half the board wants him traded. i am pretty sure he's damn nervous right now.

If he got traded, it would likely be to a stronger team, so yes, maybe distracted. But i don't think he'd be nervous in the sense that he bleeds Caps red or anything like that.

And to be fair, he was about an inch from a goal tonite. Such a slick move, just barely missed on the finish.

As for Laich, i thought he and the rest of his line were excellent his second, third and fourth games back. Since then, not as much, but these things go in waves. When Ovie, Green and Backstrom cool down, it'll be some other line which surges.

Last edited:

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Such a nice play by 90 on the shortie, start to finish.

Bunch of nice plays by him tonight. The little poke-pass on Ovechkin's second was outstanding. Great vision and touch on that one. I've said it before, but he just lacks strength. He gets physically stronger on the puck, on the boards, and defensively, and he'll be a really, really good player.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
utah-1.png

aoruyq.jpg

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
The Hart is Crosby's by a wide margin even if he doesn't play another regular season game this season...

Agreed. He was so much better than anyone else this year, I don't think he needs to play another reg season game to win Hart. The fact that the streak ended in the second game of his absence adds to perception of his value. As do kunitz's crazy #s. Kunitz is this year's rob brown (lemieux era).

As a caps fan, I detest crosby, but i think the hart is his this year.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Not a chance. The Hart is Crosby's by a wide margin even if he doesn't play another regular season game this season...

As I said in the Pittsburgh thread, if the Penguins continues to play like they did tonight, the Crosby lead grows even larger and Sid wins the MVP by default.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

no crosby love allowed!

MVP shouldnt be "glass jaw"

edit:
and glass skull

Fair enough. Love to see OV making a comeback. Would doubley love to see these two teams meet in the playoffs like years gone by.
The double hat trick game years back was one of the (hockey) highlights on my life.

:)

Liberati0n*

I pretty much missed the entire game...saw part of the 3rd. Johansson's play on the 5th goal was really nice. I hope Ovechkin overtakes Stamkos...would be nuts.

Jedgi

Feb 12, 2008
Meh, if Ovechkin's resurgence pulls the Caps from the bottom of the league to a top-4 seed, I could see him turning enough heads. (assuming he pulls the Richard and Ross double, which is a large assumption)

This year? He would need something like 30+ points in 12 games.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA

I don't like how his right eye closes while he is rubbing himself.

Also:

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 17m
Watched #Caps' 2nd goal on repeat. Really, really, really looks like Ribeiro tipped Green's shot. Still Green's goal at moment.

I think Whyno just wants the point taken away from Ovechkin. Wouldn't want Ovechkin making Giroux look bad or anything.

One more:

Mike Vogel ‏@VogsCaps 1h
Perhaps ... Alex Ovechkin has solved Kirk Muller?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad