Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Jack Hillen +3

A tear comes to Sarge's eye

He need not cry, he has no trade value and is going no where

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
What's concerning is the secondary scoring has dried up, particularly from Ribeiro.
The third line has also gone MIA. No points for Perreault & Chimera in the last eight games while Ward has two (one when he was on the fourth line and tonight's SHG).

The heavy lifters are doing their thing but there's definite room for improvement as far as balance goes.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
rearview.jpg

Last edited:

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Another thing to remember about the Caps great play of late: they've been playing the basement dwellers. The bottom feeders. The weak sisters of the Eastern Conference. When they start having to play Pitt, Boston or Montreal, things will be different.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Another thing to remember about the Caps great play of late: they've been playing the basement dwellers. The bottom feeders. The weak sisters of the Eastern Conference. When they start having to play Pitt, Boston or Montreal, things will be different.

MTL, OTT, BOS are the only "good" teams they still have to face (5 games total IINM). TOR too, if you count them (although honestly they're a horrible team with good goaltending and they seem hell bent on screwing that up too...) That's their saving grace; the East is crap this year, and the home stretch is rather forgiving. They could still blow it obviously (wouldn't shock me at all) but it looks more realistic than ever given how bad WPG and CAR are right now.

NYI on Thurs will be a test. Isles good on the road, Caps crap outside the division.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I think if Ovechkin wins the Richard and the Caps make the playoffs, depending on if Crosby plays anymore this season, he would probably be the favorite for the Hart a la Corey Perry.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
I think if Ovechkin wins the Richard and the Caps make the playoffs, depending on if Crosby plays anymore this season, he would probably be the favorite for the Hart a la Corey Perry.

He's gotta be close to the top in points.

There was no 1.56 pts/game player the year Corey Perry won his Hart. And the fact that a lot of people think injuries have kept 1-2 Harts from Crosby in the past, this might be the year they give it to him regardless.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
What's concerning is the secondary scoring has dried up, particularly from Ribeiro.

its just a thought, but could it be that he is destracted by off ice affairs right now? half the board wants him traded. i am pretty sure he's damn nervous right now.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Something for the third line would be nice without touching any 1st, 2nd's, Forsberg, Kuz, Wilson.

Well, I should modify my statement a bit. No futures for rentals, please. If they get someone like Giordano, Sekera, Ott, or Weaver, I'd be fine move a second tier guy or two.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
its just a thought, but could it be that he is destracted by off ice affairs right now? half the board wants him traded. i am pretty sure he's damn nervous right now.

Yeah, I'm quite sure Mike Ribeiro's game has dried up due to the speculation on Hockey's Future.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I can see a 3rd going out. Playoff revenue
They haven't held on to their second rounder for the past three drafts so that'd be my guess. A 2nd & Kundratek seems like a somewhat expendable package to work off of. Maybe they swap out a top nine forward (25/85) if there's one coming back.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010

Well it's not like he's played poorly either, he's had some nice setups, but the team will need more production from him(and Laich, Brouwer, etc.) if they are really going to go for the Division crown.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

Not a chance. The Hart is Crosby's by a wide margin even if he doesn't play another regular season game this season...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00